Back to Back on Crown

ILOVEMEXICO

We are doing a back to back on Crown out of San Juan in March and would like to know if we have to get off the ship when we return to San Juan after the first week; if so, how long do we have to stay off the ship and do we have to re embark like when we first got on the ship; we are staying in the same balcony room and have been told that we can leave everything in our room but when I spoke to Princess, they were not entirely sure if we could stay on the ship or not and suggested we check with the Burser. Any suggestions of what to do while docked in San Juan - not for too long as son and girlfriend are joining us the second week and we want to be back on ship when they arrive early afternoon

Thanks a bunch - just a few weeks before we leave.........

We are doing a back to back on Crown out of San Juan in March and would like to know if we have to get off the ship when we return to San Juan after the first week; if so, how long do we have to stay off the ship and do we have to re embark like when we first got on the ship; we are staying in the same balcony room and have been told that we can leave everything in our room but when I spoke to Princess, they were not entirely sure if we could stay on the ship or not and suggested we check with the Burser. Any suggestions of what to do while docked in San Juan - not for too long as son and girlfriend are joining us the second week and we want to be back on ship when they arrive early afternoon

No you don't just stay onboard and pick up your new cruise cards from the purser. Great town to explore. :)

Do hope your experience is better than ours was back in December. Awful! - Have a read of my review (I believe there are a couple of others who also mention the "turnaround" day being as bad for them too). Maybe your being Canadian will help your process much quicker than ours - let's hope so, then you can enjoy your day in San Juan. We had to cancel a trip that we had planned for the day, and it was early afternoon by the time we were free to do our own thing. Also no facilities are open on the ship which is disgusting .

I seriously hope you enjoy your time and that it works out, unfortunately this along with various other incidents concerning Princess has made us realise that Princess is not for us (or visiting any american ports due to the time wasting formalities) - As you may know we are not used to being treated like this in Europe!

Kind regards:)

Isn't it amazing how different people have different experiences on cruises? We too are from the UK and we did a back to back out of San Juan a couple of years ago. At that time we were allowed to stay on board - which we more or less did - and we had a wonderful day - the pools practically to ourselves, our choice of sunloungers and drinks and food as we wished. It was one of the best days ever and we were quite sad when the new cruisers started coming onboard. But it was kind of funny watching their reactions - all so thrilled with everything. We didn't have to go ashore or anything - and we didn't have to go through any procedures to get new cards either. Perhaps they have changed the process now - but hope not as we are doing a back to back next year and were actually looking forward to the middle day on board.

Cheers

You can stay on the ship, but you will have to go through immigration, unless your last port is St.-Thomas. If you do get off the ship in the morning, you will not be able to come back onboard until embarkation starts at approx. 12:30pm. I hope this helps.:)

DH and I will be on a similar B2B early next year. We will be in St Thomas on a Friday and then head to San Juan on Saturday. Will we have to go through Immigration? Or will that be done in St Thomas? We have booked the same cabin on both itineraries. We are hoping to do an excursion in San Juan that Saturday. I assumed we would leave the ship at a designated time for those who are doing excursions. Let us know what you have done and experienced in the recent past. Thanks for any help and feedback. :)

We did the b2b in January. We did emmigration in St. Thomas on Friday, then on Saturday arrived in San Juan. We received our new sail and sign cards on Friday night along with an "In Transit" card, which allowed us to get off the ship during disembarkation. However, if we had gotten off the ship during disembarkation, we would have had to wait until disembarkation was completed before we could return to the ship - approximately 12:30pm. THere was a letter of explanation with our new sail and sign card, which told us to go to deck 5 and have a new picture taken before 5pm. Breakfast ended on that day at 9am shipwide, however when I asked for a croussant at the Horizon Grill later in the morning, they got one for me. They began the lunch buffet at noon.

The ship was virtually empty for a few hours and the pool was wonderful during that time.

The next day we were in St. Thomas again, so did not have to do emmigration that day either.

The b2b transition was completely painless and enjoyable for us.

Archived