carnival Freedom camp program, 2 + 6 year old

ldock

Hi i was wondering about the camp program, debating going with a 2 1/2 year old and 6 year old. Does anyone have pictures if kids area? Im guessing that you can leave the kids there? like a daycare? is there a fee? Can they have a meal there, or do we need to take them to all meals with us?

we definatly want to have a nice holiday with kids, however it would be nice to have some alone time aswell.

We have only been on one cruise so far, and we left kids at Grandma's

Im thinking of getting ajoining rooms for more space, being we have to pay for them anyway, and just leaving door open. Any advice?

:o Thanks in advance for your coments, etc

Freedom's first sailing won't be 'til Spring of this year--so nobody here can really tell specifics of their Camp as yet. Camp Carnival is free. Only exception is late night babysitting. They generally close for dinner [around 5-7pm]. Activities for the children....as well as "crafts" type activities for the entire family. Various schedules can be found at webshots.com

You can pick up the Capers for the whole week. Camp is open for dinners some nights and closed on others. The kids eat as a group at the buffet when this happens.

They may be open for lunch but we didn't use them then so I am not sure. I do believe they offer water and snacks.

I know some people call it late night babysitting but it is not babysitting in the private, at your home sense. It is a group babysitting. They charge $10 per hour for the first child and $6 for the second. Kids show up in regular clothes or pajamas and they have activities running or a quiet area if the child wants to "try" to sleep.

i was lying in bed last night after placing this post, and relized that i just asked questions about a ship that wasnt even sailing yet. woops. i am guessing though that other carnival ships programs would be simular. thanks for the coments so far.:)

. They charge $10 per hour for the first child and $6 for the second. Kids show up in regular clothes or pajamas and they have activities running or a quiet area if the child wants to "try" to sleep.

When did the fees go up? It was only 6 bucks for the first one and 4 bucks for the secondkid in the same family-- cousins are not counted as the same family. That was in Sept.

Camp is fleetwide- so what you see on one ship might be what you see on the New ship Freedom.

Camp is broke down into age groups

2-5

6-8

so your two kids will be seperated. the 6 year old could move down in the program--depending onhow many kids there are onboard.

Camp is closed during noon -2 and from 5- 7. Kids can eat with the camp on formal nights.

You have to sign the kids in and out of programs. Its not intended to be a all day/night babysitting service.

Camp stuff during the day is free. except where its noted.

You can use the camp during port days.. but not sure how that works. We were told we had to be back to pick them up by noon. Others reported that IF you were back from the port the kids needed to be picked up

Your child MUST be 2 on the sailing date or wont be able to use the camps. Yes they are strict about that. You cant lie about ages as you have a birth certificate to present when you board.

We put our 2 1/2 year old DS in the camp for a few hours each night when we sailed the Miracle. Being an overprotective parent, I was a little concerned. However, my fears were put to rest when I saw how well the program is run.

They give you a cell phone that works anywhere on the ship so they can call you if there is a problem. And, the same person who drops off must pick up. When my husband dropped off my son, I could not pick him up...it had to be my husband. Those things gave me peace of mind.

They also provide juice and cookies for snack time. We left him for one formal night dinner which meant he was taken to the buffet with the other kids in his age group.

The staff always had the kids busy with something. He came back every night with an art project that he created. He is kind of a shy child but said he had a great time each night.

I would definately use the program again. It was wonderful being able to see the show and have some drinks every night. Plus, I think he had fun and got to just play around and blow off some steam.

Have fun!!!

Archived