Help - Mariner aft cabins 1688, 1690 or 1692

keywestcat

Spring break dates. Only other alternative is summer. Not likely to be a great time to do this either.

I too am locked in to Spring Break (which for us is always Easter Week), Christmas Week, or Summer. I am a School Nurse. We usually cruise during Easter Week and then do a land vacation in the Summer for the family. We sometimes go to Disney over Christmastime but my son is still young enough that he hates to be gone away over Christmas. I also take a short cruise with my Mother-in-law every summer. She and I are very good friends and we enjoy getting away on a "girls only" cruise! I'm pretty lucky to be able to travel when I do! It would be nice to be able to go during the "off" seasons though and get better prices! I do hope to finally meet you and your wife in San Juan next year! What a hoot that would be!

There are a few category E3 Hump cabins available on your cruise! A tad more money than your inside but not as much as the aft D1's and JS's! Cabin 7604, 7606, 8600 are all open and are hump cabins (not dead center but still on the hump with 7604 being the best of the 3). At least you'd have a balcony but wouldn't exactly be breaking the bank versus what you were originally paying. (I know it's more money, but when you are forking out this kind of money in the first place there is a point at which a couple hundred dollars versus your overall peace of mind is chump change! ;) ) By the way, is it just Mr and Mrs Q sailing or do you need to make room for some little q's?

Cabin 7604, 7606, 8600 are all open and are hump cabins (not dead center but still on the hump with 7604 being the best of the 3). By the way, is it just Mr and Mrs Q sailing or do you need to make room for some little q's?

But we priced our 7600 just this week with our TA and that's where the $600 increase came from. Our TA is pretty good about checking these thing for us. Do you monitor price/availability on RCI's web site or some other?

B-t-w, I just realized that I accidentally have us talking about this on the Mariner thread rather than the Serenade one we were also chatting on recently. Apologies to all.

1692 has the smallest balcony of the 3 cabins you have inquired about. It is still a very large balcony though! 1690 has the most "perfect" balcony of the 3. It is a HUGE, square, unobstructed in any way balcony. 1690 and 1692 have identical cabins. 1688 is by far the best cabin of the 3. It is almost as large as a junior suite (just minus the walk-in closet and bathtub). 1688's balcony is just as large as 1690's but it has an unusual shape and some slight obstruction. All that said, I can honestly say 1688 is my absolute favorite of the 3. We love having the larger cabin and totally enjoy the little alcove in the corner of the balcony which provides shade and protection from the elements all the time. If you want sun, there is still a rather large sunny area on the balcony. As far as the obstructions that come with 1688, we really didn't notice them once we settled in to our cabin and balcony. There is a pole at the foot of the bed which is not in your walking path and causes no problem at all and there is a beam on the balcony that just means you have to arrange your furniture in such a way as to not walk into that beam unexpectedly. Ouch! :eek: I would not hesitate to book 1688! In fact, my next cruise I will be in that same cabin but on Freedom of the Seas (its cabin 1700 on Freedom). If ever I could not get 1688, my next choice would be 1690! A very close second place!
We had 1390 and 92 0n Explorer and i liked 1390 alot better.Like you said lot bigger balcony.The funny part is i looked over the balcony at 1388 and didn't really care for it.I thought 1390 was a lot better balcony.Just my 2 cents.

We had 1390 and 92 0n Explorer and i liked 1390 alot better.Like you said lot bigger balcony.The funny part is i looked over the balcony at 1388 and didn't really care for it.I thought 1390 was a lot better balcony.Just my 2 cents.

I believe that is what I said too. 1690/1390 definitely has the best balcony of the 3/6 cabins mentioned...BUT...1688/1388 by far has the best cabin while still having a great balcony (not the best but still great)! ;)

But we priced our 7600 just this week with our TA and that's where the $600 increase came from. Our TA is pretty good about checking these thing for us. Do you monitor price/availability on RCI's web site or some other?

B-t-w, I just realized that I accidentally have us talking about this on the Mariner thread rather than the Serenade one we were also chatting on recently. Apologies to all.

Oops, I didn't realize what thread we were on either! :eek:

CLQ, e-mail me @ bonniethomas2@comcast.net

Archived