STA Travel Insurance: Is this primary or secondary?

sppunk

I can't get a straight answer from STA reps, and am interesting in this insurance (it's the best deal in connection with our current policies), however I only ever buy primary coverage insurance.

Is STA considered primary care? Thanks!

I can't get a straight answer from STA reps, and am interesting in this insurance (it's the best deal in connection with our current policies), however I only ever buy primary coverage insurance.

Is STA considered primary care? Thanks!

Perhaps if you tell us what you asked them and what they responded we could help you.

PTC

STA Policy states: "Expenses will only be paid after benefits have been paid under any Other Valid and Collectible Group Insurance in effect for you. We will pay that portion of Covered Expenses which exceed the amount of benefits payable for such expenses under your Other Valid and Collectible Group Insurance. We will advance payment to a Hospital, up to $25,000, if needed to secure your medically necessary admission."

That wording is clear that it's secondary insurance.

Remember though, that both primary and secondary insurance will pay your qualified expenses. It's just a matter of the order that insurance will pay. And if your regular policy doesn't cover you out of the country, any travel insurance automatically becomes primary.

Archived