brazilian wax

goldpenny

My husband thinks it's sexy just leaving a "landing strip," and everything else waxed. I am a major gym buff, and I'm in very good physical shape. And for me, waxing is another way to take care of myself- and makes me feel good.

-Betsy

Well I guess as long as you keep a landing strip it is OK as far as I am concerned...a guy's opinion of course...total hairless is a turnoff for some guys like me for example!:cool:

Well I guess as long as you keep a landing strip it is OK as far as I am concerned...a guy's opinion of course...total hairless is a turnoff for some guys like me for example!:cool:

Mark,

As for a guys opinion...would you rather your girl have a landing strip or the whole field?

Am I ever mad with myself! I've often been to a hammam in Turkey and Tunisia. The ladies there are all clean shorn "down there" and I never once thought of asking them how it's done.

I noticed that they looked at me rather askance with my "shrubs"; yes, I do get rid of the "forest" in general, but...... Silly me. Didn't ask how they went about it.

Well, I'll be cruising with a stop in Kusdasi. Instead of a shore excursion, I will make sure to go to a hammam and ask the appropriate questions. After all, enquiring minds want to know.

Will share the answers with you...Keep posted.

I noticed that they looked at me rather askance with my "shrubs"; yes, I do get rid of the "forest" in general, but...... Silly me. Didn't ask how they went about it.

Well, I'll be cruising with a stop in Kusdasi. Instead of a shore excursion, I will make sure to go to a hammam and ask the appropriate questions. After all, enquiring minds want to know.

Will share the answers with you...Keep posted.

OMG this one (shrubs) made me just about fall off of my chair with laughter. Good one!!

I can't WAIT to see the cruise review that includes your "excurson" in Kusdasi! LOL That will definitely be worth reading!

:confused: I have never had one done.We are on the Easter cruise on the Grand Princess and I am thinking of having a brazilian done.Any tips are welcome.Is it very painful and/or embarrasing?:eek:

Thanks for the help.

I was going to have one the other day, and was actually talked out of it by the aesthetician once I was there for the appointment. She said that it can be messy, bloody, that skin can come off, and that there is a risk of infection. I'm starting to consider a laser Brazilian, which would be permanent after several sessions. Just a thought!

i got a brazillian for my cruise last year at some cheap nail salon.. got it the day before i went. it was probably the most pain ive ever been in-worse than any piercing, tattoo, sunburn. etc. but anyways. if i wwent to a nicer salon it prob woudlnt of hurt as bad bc nicer salons use better wax. it was sore the first 24 hours. but no bumps, redness, ingrown hairs. it was SO nice not having to worry about that area the whole time! this year, im going to a salon that was rated top waxing salon in baltimore....so this year should go better than last :)

Which place are you going to? I'm in Baltimore as well.

I'll admit I'm vain but still can not imagine going thru this to remove some hair:confused:

Have to agree with some posters, when I read and think about what i'm reading it is quite funny. Keep um coming girls!!;)

MAO

my friend gets brazilians and says after she has it done she usually pees sideways for a couple days because of the swelling. thanks but no thanks. i have sensitive skin anyway, so i can only imagine what it would do to me...

Well yesterday was wax day to get ready for my cruise, but I chickened out at the last minute on the brazilian. Got the bikini line instead but she did it pretty high up.

Honestly - this plus a little trim job on the remaining "grassy bits" is going to work out just fine for me!

I'm still sold on the Brazilian- low maint- only need to have it done every 5 weeks or so.

It doesn't hurt that much- my piercing was way more painful.

And as far as blood and skin coming off- you're going to the wrong salon.

It has NEVER happened to me- and wouldn't at any reputable spa.

-Betsy

To start off, I would do a test run before having a wax job done and then going out of town...I would never go for the first time and then leave on vacation!!!

Last summer I decided it was time to give in and have a bikini only done. Ok first problem for me was being a blonde I assumed that bikini meant just the sides that showed...WRONG! I figued it out real fast after the girl put the wax way souther (if that's a word) than I thought she would...I thought I was going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!! My plan was to make appts for the summer and keep going...didn't happen. Come to find out I did not do my homework about who to go to!!! This summer I finally got up the courage to take another shot at it...oh what a difference! I found a great girl at a local day spa...I was shocked that my first time was such a bad experience! My suggestion would be, do your homework!!!!! Having my eyebrows done was worse than the bikini....

And that's my story...........;)

Make sure if your going to get waxing done you get it done by a CLEAN PROFESSIONAL salon. Not just any nail salon in a strip mall. My friend works at a hospital close to my job and she said shes had several 'waxing gone dirty' cases that have come into the ER. The worst being a girl who got a facial wax at a nail shoppe- Apparently, the girl who was waxing her used a new 'wooden spoon thing' but kept dipping it back into the wax everytime instead of getting a new one. I guess they did that alot bc my friend said she had a bacterial growth under her skin that she let grow all the way up her face before she came in to the ER. :eek: That being said- Im having my bikini waxed for our cruise- my first time one- and I am SO NERVOUS!

Make sure if your going to get waxing done you get it done by a CLEAN PROFESSIONAL salon. Not just any nail salon in a strip mall. My friend works at a hospital close to my job and she said shes had several 'waxing gone dirty' cases that have come into the ER. The worst being a girl who got a facial wax at a nail shoppe- Apparently, the girl who was waxing her used a new 'wooden spoon thing' but kept dipping it back into the wax everytime instead of getting a new one. I guess they did that alot bc my friend said she had a bacterial growth under her skin that she let grow all the way up her face before she came in to the ER. :eek: That being said- Im having my bikini waxed for our cruise- my first time one- and I am SO NERVOUS!

Be sure and trim it to about 1/2 inch before you go...if not it's worse!

OMG this is too funny! I have had many waxes and usually go for the gold-- it feels so much better than shaving and honestly I get more razor burn than when I get waxed. Def. make sure you go to a professional!!!--Watch out though, you may be walking down the street with a permanent smile plastered on your face--LOL--everything becomes VERY sensitive!! but in a good way! T:)

Archived