Six in a Cabin

Mom_of_five

Royal Caribbean has a great option. I think they call them "Family Oceanview Staterooms, " different from the Family Suites (larger and more expensive). There are not many available , so book early. We had one on Navigator with a family of four before they started reserving them for groups of five or more. Bunk beds in their own little alcove with some storage, a queen sofa bed, and twins converting to a queen. Some agents aren't very familiar with them, so you may have to probe a little.

Royal Caribbean has a great option. I think they call them "Family Oceanview Staterooms, " different from the Family Suites (larger and more expensive). There are not many available.

Only four on the Voyager class ships. No balcony. A little more space, but only one bathroom. I believe the new freedom class ships have more "family friendly" options.

Personally, I prefer two adjoining balcony cabins. The extra bathroom is a big deal.

Royal Caribbean has "royal family suites" that sleep up to eight. We are considering the one on the Freedom for Spring Break of 2008. Other lines may have them as well.

If you are "considering" a Royal Family Suite for Spring Break 2008 then most likely you are already too late. These cabin go fast and Spring Break is a popular time for families. I have a RFS for June and the four on the ship were gone within the first hour of the first day that they were open for booking.

If you are "considering" a Royal Family Suite for Spring Break 2008 then most likely you are already too late. These cabin go fast and Spring Break is a popular time for families. I have a RFS for June and the four on the ship were gone within the first hour of the first day that they were open for booking.

Cuizer2,

You are absolutely right! I called a couple of days ago and the royal family suites were booked for March 08. Just one Owner's Suite left. I really thought more than a year in advance was enough. Luckily, this ship also has many connecting staterooms, including connecting junior suites. I think we'll start looking at next summer instead.:o

Cuizer2,

You are absolutely right! I called a couple of days ago and the royal family suites were booked for March 08. Just one Owner's Suite left. I really thought more than a year in advance was enough. Luckily, this ship also has many connecting staterooms, including connecting junior suites. I think we'll start looking at next summer instead.:o

The most expensive and least expensive cabins go first.

For next summer (summer 2007) good luck. For the following summer (summer 2008) bookings open in late April or early May. My TA called RCI on May 6, 2006 to book the RFS for June 2007 as soon as RCI opened, and he got the last one still open.

We're thinking about summer 2008. Thanks for the info on when to book! I gather from your post that you left it up the the TA to know when to call?

First of all I used a TA for the first time because I knew what was involved in getting this cabin. I thought he would have a better chance than I.

Second, we both knew when to call. RCI publishes the date when the new booking will open.

Third, I was getting off a cruise that day (which is why I can remember the date so well). I would not have been able to make the call myself (though I did not know that when I booked the crusie I was on or when I decided I wanted the RFS.

My TA is great. As soon as I told him what I wanted, he told me he would get up at 3am (local time) so he could call RCI when RCI opened. He then e-mailed me, and I read the e-mail at the airport, while waiting for my flight back home. I then met him for a ship tour the next day and he gave me my paper work.

So, while I would not say I left it up to him to know when to call (as we both knew when), a TA that did not know this would not be of much use.

Archived