car rental maui and oahu

coopersmommy

Hey,

I am cruising to hawaii 3/17/07 on the Summit with my father (69), mother (63), and 13 month old son. Can anyone suggest the best car rental places at these ports? I need car rental locations that are easily accessible by shuttle in Lahaina and Oahu. Thanks alot!

We just did a Christmas cruise which put us in Oahu for a day. We reserved a car from Hertz but what a mistake! The shuttle was waiting when we got off the ship and whipped us over to the rental office. The Keystone Kops were manning the desk that day - took forever. Then, as we were leaving, one of the staff said to get the car back by 4PM as they closed at 5PM! We had been led to believe that we could drop off the car up til about 10PM! WRONG! Then, it took 15 minutes to find the car in this weird multi-story garage - we wasted soooo much time. So, do your homework carefully. The traffic gets worse every time we go to Honolulu area so might suggest you try to find a car/driver to squire you and relatives around for a few hours.

Archived