car rental maui and oahu

coopersmommy

We also used Enterprise on both ilands and the big Island. No problems, we called for the shuttle as we were getting off (from the tender in Maui) and it was waiting for us as we got off. Great service

did you call ahead and arrange it ??? through enterprise?

thanks for anyinfo,,

melissa

We rented through http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/ and were very satisfied with the service. They give you a discount code to use with the different car rental agencies on the site and link you to your choice after you compare prices. We used Budget and Thrifty at Maui, Hilo and Kona and they had shuttles to pick us up. Did not rent in Oahu.

We rented through http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/ and were very satisfied with the service. They give you a discount code to use with the different car rental agencies on the site and link you to your choice after you compare prices. We used Budget and Thrifty at Maui, Hilo and Kona and they had shuttles to pick us up. Did not rent in Oahu.

thanks for the info... i will checking that out soon.. they have a shuttle that comes to pick you up at the pier? we are planning on renting in maui and oahu only...

thanks again

Melissa

thanks for the info... i will checking that out soon.. they have a shuttle that comes to pick you up at the pier? we are planning on renting in maui and oahu only...

thanks again

Melissa

Definitely reserve before you go. Some people who did not have reservations wanted to get on the shuttle that came and were not allowed on without a reservation. The driver had all the names of people with reservations. Yes, at the pier by the courthouse in Lahaina, Maui. At Hilo a shuttle came to the pier. In Kona, a short walk across the street from the pier to a hotel where the rental agency was located. The website I listed has information on where to meet the shuttle in each port.

Hi!

I am sailing to Hawaii on the Summit 3/17/07. I am looking for the most accessible car rentals by shuttle in Maui and Oahu. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

The information on this thread has been very useful to the OP. However, more information could be obtain at the Hawaii thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

This was very useful to me when I was planning our cruise in December.

Gerry

No matter what company you go with, do not get a jeep. Yes they are fun, but not very secure even when locked. We had our camera bag stolen on the Road to Hana out of a locked jeep with the top and sides on it. Luckily, my husband had just put the cameras in his backpack and took out all of the exposed film (from Oahu and Kauai) and left it in the hotel that morning. I think a convertible would be more secure and just as fun. Just my opinion!

Mollie

Archived