Dock to Vancouver airport

hk40

Can someone give me a estimated time on the trip from the dock to the airport, I booked a 11:30am flight, ship docks at 7:00am....thanks, Jim

It's not just the trip time that you have to consider, but the fact that you have to clear customs, etc. My TA said that my requested 10:30 flight was "a little too tight", and put me on a 12:15. 11:30 sounds doable (sp?) if the ship docks on time and there are no significant snags. :) (Mind you, I've never done it before myself. :) )

On a good day, the time it takes from Canada Place to YVR is about half an hour. However, there is significant construction going on both downtown and on the way to the airport. I'd plan on it taking an hour, worst-case scenario.

If you ensure that you are one of the first groups off, or opt to do self disembarkation, you should be fine. If you haven't purchased transfers to the airport, walk up and out of the cruise terminal past the enormous line of people waiting for taxis. There's usually a couple that are parked up on the street near the Pan Pacific and Fairmont hotels - they'll be easier to grab.

On a good day, the time it takes from Canada Place to YVR is about half an hour. However, there is significant construction going on both downtown and on the way to the airport. I'd plan on it taking an hour, worst-case scenario.

If you ensure that you are one of the first groups off, or opt to do self disembarkation, you should be fine. If you haven't purchased transfers to the airport, walk up and out of the cruise terminal past the enormous line of people waiting for taxis. There's usually a couple that are parked up on the street near the Pan Pacific and Fairmont hotels - they'll be easier to grab.

The best deal is to see if the ship offers expedited service to the airport. I was on a RCCL cruise two years ago. It took a total of 45 minutes from the time we boarded a bus at the pier to my GATE!!! normally it takes about an hour alone to just clear the airport immigration/Customs lines and then security.

You clear customs on the bus in a parking lot at the airport. Then on to a special security line and finally through a back door that was 100 feet from my gate.

You pay extra, but it well worth it. See if they offer it.

Thanks for the reply's, I will ask if I can be allowed to leave the ship as soon as possible, we will carry our own luggage so that might help...

what is self disembarkation? (this is our first cruise) thanks, Jim

I will ask if I can be allowed to leave the ship as soon as possible, we will carry our own luggage so that might help...

what is self disembarkation? (this is our first cruise) thanks, Jim

Just handling your own luggage instead of putting it out in the hall the night before (except, of course, what you need for the last day). You go to the front desk and ask for express debarkation. They give you an "X" card that lets you leave with the first group.

Having lived in Vancouver for many years I have to say that 1/2 hour from pier to airport is possible only in optimum conditions - no construction, make every light etc. One hour is more realistic and allows for construction delays etc.

Also the poster re taking a taxi at the pier is right - the line-ups are horrendous and we have watched people stand in line for over an hour waiting for a taxi. Much better to go through the lobby of the Pan Pacific to the steps out front and pick up a cab there. There is an elevator just past where you catch the buses or exit to the street.

International flights like people there 3 hours ahead of time but we have found that 2 hours is sufficient. It has taken us an hour to get through check-in and customs and to our gate.

I hope your cruise is as good as our first one - absolute perfection!

Archived