Scored a Cabana

E91

Hello all:

I posted last night regards a problem with online booking. Called HAL today and had it resolved. There was some bug in their system regards cabana wait list and reservations. Long story short, I snagged the Green Cabana. I'm psyched as we are only a month away from the 3/18 Westerdam sailing. I have scored a cabana before but had to waitlist much earlier. Question is, where is this cabana. I have searched the board and am getting conflicting information. Last cabana I had was peach. Further. I know they've raised the cabana by $30 since our last sailing - it's now at $249. Anybody know how much they've raised private butler? Just curious. HAL once again came through and solved my irritating issue.

Is it really necessary to book a cabana? Don't they provide umbrellas? IMHO the cost is just way more than it should be. Our ship (Volendam) arrives at 8:00AM and departs at 3:00PM. We have a 2 excursions booked for HMC. Any thoughts?

Is it really necessary to book a cabana? Don't they provide umbrellas? IMHO the cost is just way more than it should be. Our ship (Volendam) arrives at 8:00AM and departs at 3:00PM. We have a 2 excursions booked for HMC. Any thoughts?

I don't think it's necesary to book a cabana; it's a nice enhancement for the day.

Umbrellas are not provided free. You can rent clamshells which provide shade for two loungers (and some of them three) for a nominal amount. It was $15 in November with Carnival. I think HAL might be a few dollars less.

We just returned from our cruise on the Zuiderdam, and HMC was our favorite port. We snagged the turquoise cabana early, and I added on the butler once we were on the ship. I believe it was $279 to add on the butler.

It was an amazing day! Yadi met us (and Mr. and Mrs. Hapifeet) in our cabin and took us to the cabana (you take a tram). Already in the cabana was Niels (from the Pinnacle Grill) who had stocked the cabana.

These guys were so nice, and everything we wanted, they did for us. One thing that did happen was there was one person who wanted our loungers and another who wanted to use our shower, but Yadi and Niels kept control over this. I don't think everyone realizes that we rented these things, but rather that we just snagged it early in the day.

We also enjoyed our lunch that was brought to us from the Pinnacle Grill, but I was stuffed after the lobster sandwiches.

I did notice that when we were leaving, there was a family who took over the cabana. They really didn't have much time to use it, but they moved in quickly.

The cabana and butler service certainly wasn't something we had to do...the island is beautiful and there are plenty of chairs (we were the only ship in port), but it was a special treat and we enjoyed the day we were there.

I don't know if I'd book a cabana if I had other excursions planned. If you plan on leaving things in the cabana, I can see where someone would move in while you were gone. The butler stopped this from happening to us, and we were in the cabana, but some people don't seem to understand that you pay for this, even though there is a sign on the cabana.

For us, we didn't feel it was overpriced. We spent the entire day there, and it was really fun. :)

It was an amazing day! Yadi met us (and Mr. and Mrs. Hapifeet) in our cabin and took us to the cabana (you take a tram). Already in the cabana was Niels (from the Pinnacle Grill) who had stocked the cabana.

We loved it! Because I had a few broken ribs, a sprained ankle and open scrapes on my leg, I couldn't do much so the cabana was "just what the doctor ordered." Cool comfort, beautiful view, plenty of shade, fresh fruit, 4-course lunch and champagne, along with our pina coladas and mango daquiris. Niels and Yadi were very attentive. We even played a game of Cranium (and beat Mr. Twinkletoes and Mr. Hapifeet!)...the best day of the cruise for me!

I reserved a cabana at least six months ago for our Westerdam cruise, leaving 2/18/07. I arbitrarily selected a turquoise cabana because it is my favorite color. Is there some reason the turquoise cabanas are particularly desirable?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jane

We loved it! Because I had a few broken ribs, a sprained ankle and open scrapes on my leg, I couldn't do much so the cabana was "just what the doctor ordered." Cool comfort, beautiful view, plenty of shade, fresh fruit, 4-course lunch and champagne, along with our pina coladas and mango daquiris. Niels and Yadi were very attentive. We even played a game of Cranium (and beat Mr. Twinkletoes and Mr. Hapifeet!)...the best day of the cruise for me!

You were such a "trooper" with your broken bones and scrapes! We were so happy when the doc gave you the clearance to spend the day on HMC. Next time, were going to all do some snorkeling.

Beating the guys at Cranium was fun. Today I showed our oldest the video of us doing our "victory dance." He just laughed. Mr. Twinkletoes was not amused. lol

I loved HMC so much that I wish there was a cruise that would circle the island and drop us off there day after day. It was just amazing. And the mango daquiris...were really very tasty!

I reserved a cabana at least six months ago for our Westerdam cruise, leaving 2/18/07. I arbitrarily selected a turquoise cabana because it is my favorite color. Is there some reason the turquoise cabanas are particularly desirable?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jane

Jane,

You need to go over to the turquoise cabana thread. We left our buried treasure next to the third post, where the decking ends, and the cabana part begins. If you look at Shonuf's post (someone on down on the thread posted her picture), you will see the butler burying her treasure. We didn't find it, but I am not sure we looked far enough under the platform. If you look at the picture, our treasure is buried just about where the left foot of the butler is located. If you stand in front of the cabana (your back to the water), they will be buried on the left side of the cabana.

Maybe you'll find both treasures!!

toodycat...

I picked the turquoise cabana because so many other cruisers had picked it, along with the fact that it was one of the closer cabanas to the restrooms. It's really a good location. :)

When you are tendering in, take a look at the "big" cabana. It's to the left of the tender area. I believe it had a thatch roof...and a slide off the front of the cabana. It has a private hot tub, its own bathrooms, and private access to the beach. I believe it also comes with a butler, and for around $1,200 it can be yours and up to eleven of your other friends.

Hello all:

I posted last night regards a problem with online booking. Called HAL today and had it resolved. There was some bug in their system regards cabana wait list and reservations. Long story short, I snagged the Green Cabana. I'm psyched as we are only a month away from the 3/18 Westerdam sailing. I have scored a cabana before but had to waitlist much earlier. Question is, where is this cabana. I have searched the board and am getting conflicting information. Last cabana I had was peach. Further. I know they've raised the cabana by $30 since our last sailing - it's now at $249. Anybody know how much they've raised private butler? Just curious. HAL once again came through and solved my irritating issue.

Congrats on getting that cabana, especially the green one and this close to your cruise. I have the green one the week before you have it and I promise to take good care of it for you. :)

I just spoke to a friend who lives on the Bahama Island of Abaco. She said that it's been in the mid 60's to low 70's for most of February. An air conditioned cabana?

HMC is a bit down the chain of islands than Abaco. I think I remember seeing a sign that said "Little San Salvador" or something like that. At any rate, it was a warm day (in the mid 80's), but not overly humid and we welcomed the cool air. The cabanas are three-sided, and the air-conditioner is in the back. If you don't want or need the air, you can turn it off. We loved every minute of our day in the cabana. It was nice having a place to keep our things, chairs, a table, food, loungers, a shower, a refrigerator, swim mats, and snorkel gear were all right there in the cabana.

This was our favorite stop. We could have spent a week there. The water was beautiful, the sand was so soft and white...it was paradise. If we are lucky enough to visit HMC, we're going to go the cabana route once again! But it's not as if you can't have a lovely day there without one...there were plenty of loungers, and many people spent most of the day in the water. I suppose it's all in what you want to do once you're there. :)

Hello all:

Hi - I just saw your post about a bug in the cabana waitlist procedure. We are sailing on 2/25. I tried to reserve a cabana months ago and was told only waitlist. So I am waitlisted on all of them, but to no avail. Could you tell me what number you called? thanks for any help.

Good luck! - 1-888-425-9376

Hi - I just saw your post about a bug in the cabana waitlist procedure. We are sailing on 2/25. I tried to reserve a cabana months ago and was told only waitlist. So I am waitlisted on all of them, but to no avail. Could you tell me what number you called? thanks for any help.

Archived