Seafood on the Crown

ILOVEMEXICO

We love seafood and I've seen mention that it is served on the Crown - is this in the scheduled dining rooms or specialty dining rooms or is this on the Buffet - we were on the Golden last year and there was some on the buffet but I don't remember an abundance of seafood, nor did we ever see lobster on the menu'

Just four weeks left...........

we were just on the crown. there was a cold seafood buffet the first night. If your a seafood snob...it was just okay. the crab was delicious, the lobster was watery, not much flavor. However, the seafood in the dining room is delicious. There is lobster on the second formal night. In addition, i cant remember what day but there is a hot seafood buffet later in the week, and that was really good. they had delicious oysters, and more lobster. In all, there is plenty of seafood, most of it pretty good if your a snob!

There is plenty of fish on the Crown - on the menu in the dining room AND in the buffets. If you like fish - don't worry.

One night there were three fish dishes on the menu when we were on the Nov. 4 cruise. As someone who is not fond of seafood - it was too much for me.

There is plenty of fish on the Crown - on the menu in the dining room AND in the buffets. If you like fish - don't worry.

One night there were three fish dishes on the menu when we were on the Nov. 4 cruise. As someone who is not fond of seafood - it was too much for me.

Can someone clarify? People keep referencing that the Crown serves a lot of "Fish" but then like the poster quoted above they reference seafood in the same sentance.

Fish and Seafood are two totally different things!

So is the Crown Seafood heavy or Fish heavy in their menus? :confused:

Can someone clarify? People keep referencing that the Crown serves a lot of "Fish" but then like the poster quoted above they reference seafood in the same sentance.

I always thought seafood was all food that comes from the sea. Do fish not fall into this catagory?

I always thought seafood was all food that comes from the sea. do fish not fall into this catagory?

Sorry, I have to correct you here - fish and seafood are exactly the same things. Seafood is all edible fish or shellfish from the sea. Fish and SHELLFISH are two different things, which might be what you're referring to.

The Crown is heavy on fish, but they did have shellfish as well. One night they served huge king crab legs, and plenty of them. I remember there being a "seafood medley" one night, which consisted of clams, scallops, pieces of fish, and I don't recall what else. It was very good. They had scallops on the menu, and you could get salmon every day if you want.

I wasn't too impressed with the lobster, I thought it was a little undercooked for my taste.

Anyway, if you are a seafood or shellfish lover, I think you'll find plenty of choices. Hope this helps.

And, by the way - my husband HATES seafood, and there was plenty on the menu for the non-seafood lover as well!

Sharon H.

I have a question about the first night's seafood buffet--Does this mean that you have to skip the dining room for dinner? I know that sounds dumb but our large group always eats together but on the other hand I love crab and wouldn't want to miss it. I guess I'm trying to find out if you can do both somehow.

First night's seafood buffet - is held in the Horizon Court.

The lobster is served chilled. Along with the crab legs.

On our Crown cruise last year..... Let me tell you, they were the best...The Lobster claws were huge....Tasty.... Perfectly cooked.

My DH does not eat lobster at all ( crab eater ), but he tried a piece..... Guess what he did? He went and got some for himself.... He said it was the best lobster he has ever tasted.....

I wish all ships had an extravaganza of seafood specialties onboard....

I have a question about the first night's seafood buffet--Does this mean that you have to skip the dining room for dinner? I know that sounds dumb but our large group always eats together but on the other hand I love crab and wouldn't want to miss it. I guess I'm trying to find out if you can do both somehow.

Yes you can do both. But who could possibly eat that much?

We only ate at the buffet - I would have exploded if I had attempted to eat in the dining room later.

both.

seafood every night in the dining room, including lobster and king crab legs (both were to die for).

They also have a seafood buffet.

WooHoo! When do they serve the King crab legs? I gotta be sure to not go to the specialty restaurants that night! :D

Lenny

Lenny -- WooHoo! When do they serve the King crab legs? I gotta be sure to not go to the specialty restaurants that night!

King Crab legs were absolutely delicious...best way to describe them - long and filled with succulent meat... :p

You do not have to go to the "specialty restaurant" since they are served in the main dining rooms. I think it was the day after the second formal nite.

Enjoy!

I think that Princess excells in this area.. Is the pasta still great in the dining room ?

My children had the pasta a couple of times - very heavy, but excellent, the ALfredo was, but even the basic pasta and meatballs for the 9 year old was very good.

Archived