Dive Bags

Bacon Bits

Anyone have any recommendations for a dive bag for two divers. Need something that can handle two sets of gear plus be easy enough to use that after a dive it wouldn't such a pain to lug around for the afternoon after the dive. thxs...:o

We have a roller bag/backpack made by Akona. It has side pockets for 2 sets of fins and 2 big front pockets, one for regs and the other for junk. The inside is very generous. We can put 2 complete sets of gear, including wetsuits in the bag, and it still only weighs 48 pounds. <G>

We use it for transporting our gear (sans regs on planes) to our destination, then we switch to mesh bags for the boat. You could definitely wheel the bigger bag down to the boat, though I'd guess on smaller boats they'd want you to leave the bag in their shop since they'd never have room for it on the boat.

Did a search on eBay and found quite a few choices......gonna check them out...also taking another poster's suggestion and bringing along two smaller dive backpacks....this way I don't "die" from packmule syndrome....LOL

Hi:
I use a Stahlsack mesh backpack to get my gear to the boat. It holds everything with room to spare. I can dunk the whole bag in a rinse tank after the dive. Plus, it comes with a little mesh stuff sack that compresses the whole thing when I'm finished using it. It has padded straps and a small accessory pocket. I really love it!

Lorri

Bacon Bits......Had to laugh at that one.... [QUOTE]"die" from packmule syndrome[/QUOTE] :D :D :D forgot to let you know that the botton of the backpacks is also a mess (very strong type mess) so that way you can just dunk the bag and go.............

Nita

Archived