On board credit offer

cajunpepsi

Dobie, don't blame you for being excited. Good for you that you got it! :D I'm still confused about Princess marketing strategy. :confused: Strange. But, I am happy for those of you that got the credit, nonetheless. :)

Thanks guys, I'm still thrilled. Who knows, maybe they sent out several different ones. Since we're on California time I never in a million years thought that I'd win, we're always 3 hours behind...(except in winter we're 2 when we don't change our clocks).

I too received this email but it was the one stinkin' night I went out after work so did not see the email until Wednesday morning. Mine came some time Tuesday afternoon.

I was kind of irked after I saw this because I can't even tell you how many times I have signed up to get specials etc. by email and have yet to get one single email from Princess regarding that. Low and behold they suddenly found my email address the one day I did not go directly home

But I was out with friends I met on the Dawn last November who were in Vegas for the night that so that was worth more than a slim chance of winning $150. :)

Congratulations to all that win. I am curious to know what day and time the winners refistered at please.

Hi!! I'm not very computer savvy at ALL. I can tell you that the email from Princess said the time was Tues July 27 19:14:16. However, I was off on Tuesday and checked my email after running errands, it was probably around noon or so. I immediately responded, never thinking that in a million years I would win. The problem is that the time on the email from Princess is 7:14 PM. Obviously I got it before that time, I thought that my computer time was off, or their email time was off, who knows???? I don't know where those times come from. Thanks for the congratulations, and sorry to those who didn't win, don't know why I did, I was surely surprised! (And I still think my clocks are off).

Well I guess I never had a chance - the email from Princess with the offer is timestamped 7/28 11:23 am central time. They actually sent it to me after they had a winner. I figured they didn't have the technical expertise to coordinate an electronic promotion like this.:confused:

I think Princess could open themselves to a "law suit" or some scrutany over this promo. I am not a lawyer, but how could you offer something to people and not give everyone the same chance to win. Sending out emails on different days does not give everyone equal chances to win. Sounds to me like it could have been predetermined who they wanted to get the early emails. Mine did not come till Wednesday and some went out on Tuesday. Poor idea from princess. Better they should have said the winners would be picked randomly on a certain day if they could not get all the emails out the same time. Sounds fishy to me and who knows, maybe some might press Princess on this offer.

This was a targeted promo, only my mother got the offer. I should also mention that she is the only one in our group that did not buy a future cruise option on our last cruise. She is also the only one not currently booked with princess for a future cruise.

[quote name='MERED1TH']This was a targeted promo, only my mother got the offer. I should also mention that she is the only one in our group that did not buy a future cruise option on our last cruise. She is also the only one not currently booked with princess for a future cruise.[/QUOTE]We got the e-mail and we booked 2 cruises and 4 future cruises while on board in March. Have 6 booked now so if this was targeted it wasn't because of no future cruises or booked cruises.

I did send an e-mail to Princess Marketing Dept. I feel this is totally unfair to alot of people. Everyone had different internet servers. I know we didn't get our e-mail until 7/28 at 6:00 AM Eastern Time. I am glad for the winners but they should allow a few more days and randomly pick someone since noone seemed to get this e-mail at the same time. My husband did call and speak to someone at the Captain's Circle Dept. and they said they received numerous phone calls with upset people. They recommended that people e-mail the marketing dept. and place a complaint. I don't know if this will do any good but it is worth a shot. But again, I congratulate the winners!!

[b][color=black]Which I did months ago, and still get nothing.[/color][/b][quote name='cactusrose']To receive the emails you must make sure you have inidcated that you want to receive information by email in you Captains Circle Profile.[/QUOTE]

I received my e-mail Tuesday 1:00 or so Mountain time. I clicked there and never got a pop up or anything. I was even on the phone that day with princess checking my account cause things weren't right. I'm not sure how they did that. So I don't think it mattered when you got the e-mail, just if the site was working.

Archived