The Monocled Mutineer joins Cruise Critic

Having participated in P&O's Cruise Connections for 4 years and recently joining the UK based Crow's Nest, I have decided to take an early morning cold plunge into the world of Cruise Critic.

Now I am considered in some quarters a bit of an "irritant" but I do have my admirers everytime I look in the mirror.

I have been on over 20 cruises, mainly on ex.UK based P&O although I have also done the Crossing there and back on QM2's maiden Transatlantic, the old Caronia, Fred Olsen's Black Prince. I have also cruised once out of Ft.Lauderdale on HAL's Volendam with a largely US & Canadian passenger compliment and enjoyed the experience.

As in work and play, I "work" towards people's strengths. I prefer to concentrate on the great contributions the US, the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and our other great democracies, with their peoples, have contributed to Human happiness. Although many of my fellow countrymen and women will carp on forever about how awful everything is in the UK (and for good measure blame the US for everything), I do NOT fall into that camp.

There, now I have set out my stall, I shall be happy to resume the pleasant subject of cruising and cruise ships, notwithstanding any one would like to take-up any issues raised in this posting.

Yours truly, &c., &c.,

The Monocled Mutineer

|||||

o Q

<

\__/

|>o<|

My P&O connection is my grandparents whom went on round the world cruises with P&O regularly, so wherever we were living at the time they would have us come on board as guests (it was during the days when you could have guests on board, so you know that was a while ago). I'll never forget when I was a little kid going on my first cruise ship for tea -- it was the original Oriana. Then I had a couple of followups on the Canberra when they stopped in L.A. Those were great ships and got my travel bug going very young.

Welcome to the Holland America boards.

Archived