ShoreTrips's RiverTubing & Canopy Adventure

cmmcruiser

I have never used shoretrips so I do not know what they offer but you can book the canopy park directly with wacky rollers on their web site, just use thier name and .com. They also offer the river tubing although I did not do it. I looked on shoretrips and it says the price for the canopy tour is 81.00 per person. I know when I booked directly with the wacky rollers I paid at least 25.00 per person less than that. The canopy tour was excellent I I recommed it highly. Good luck.

I have never used shoretrips so I do not know what they offer but you can book the canopy park directly with wacky rollers on their web site, just use thier name and .com. They also offer the river tubing although I did not do it. I looked on shoretrips and it says the price for the canopy tour is 81.00 per person. I know when I booked directly with the wacky rollers I paid at least 25.00 per person less than that. The canopy tour was excellent I I recommed it highly. Good luck.

Depends on your cruiseline... if they have a contract with Wacky Rollers (like Carnival now does), they will not book privately for you.

Depends on your cruiseline... if they have a contract with Wacky Rollers (like Carnival now does), they will not book privately for you.

Thanks for the info, I will keep that in mind if we get to go back. We were on Carnival in September when we did the tour so the contract must be a new thing. It's good for them to have more business but bad for those of us who have to pay more to do it. It was fun though.

I tried contacting wacky rollers directly but they never responded. I did mention I was coming in on the Carnival Destiny which means they won't book me directly but they could have sent me a note saying I had to book through the cruise line.

I usually prefer not to book through the cruiselines so I'm trying to see other options for this excursion.

Another option I found is Dominica Adventure Vacations - they offer just the tubing but email address doesn't seem to be working. Anyone toured w/ them before?

We used Shoretrips for all of our excursions on the Miracle last August and thought all were outstanding! Every tour was perfect and far better than any cruise ship excursion. As for the canopy and zip tour via shoretrips...there has to be 10 people or the trip won't run. (I wanted to do this in May, but have opted for Beno instead.) Hope this helps.

We were on Holland America in November and booked directly with Wacky Rollers. They got right back to my e-mail and were there to meet us right on time. There was one couple with us who were doing the river tubing part of the park [they were disappointed - water too shallow] and we did the canopy tour. We were the only ones at the Canopy - we had two guides, so we each had our own, one in front and one behind the two of us. It was OUTSTANDING!!

The driver stopped a couple of times to point out some things of interest and was very informative.

They even sent us "Holiday Greetings" in December.

This tour was the highlight of our cruise!

I tried contacting wacky rollers directly but they never responded. I did mention I was coming in on the Carnival Destiny which means they won't book me directly but they could have sent me a note saying I had to book through the cruise line.

I usually prefer not to book through the cruiselines so I'm trying to see other options for this excursion.

Another option I found is Dominica Adventure Vacations - they offer just the tubing but email address doesn't seem to be working. Anyone toured w/ them before?[/quote

I went to Wacky Rollers website and reserved a combo adventure park/river tubing excursion. I informed them I was arriving on the Destiny and they allowed me to reserve. They are even going to have a rep waiting for us in the tourism building when we get off the ship.

i believe they had no prob reserving you b/c you chose the combo ... i think the cruise ship only offers the canopy, but not the tubing ... i had emailed them about a month ago inquiring this and they said they could not book me on the canopy tour alone b/c they have a contract with the ship

LILBXQT - I would try booking through shoretrips. I ended up deciding on just the river tube excursion which was really fun.

Heres my recap:

back from the cruise and what I ended up doing was booking through shoretrips.com, the price was $67/pp. Included pick up from the port, transportation to the river, tubes, paddle, life vest, rum punch at the end and trip back to the port.

Shore Trips sent me confirmation of my booking and instructions to look for Wacky Rollers upon arrival to the port (we picked the 2nd tour at 1:30). It turned out to be an EXCELLENT excursion. Aside from my DH and I, there were 3 other people on the tour and we had 2 wacky roller guides with us. The tour was great b/c of the size and well worth the money, plus Mikey and the other tour guide were wonderful!!

If you are unable to book through wackyrollers directly, try booking through shoretrips.

Any questions, don't hesitate to post.

i believe they had no prob reserving you b/c you chose the combo ... i think the cruise ship only offers the canopy, but not the tubing ... i had emailed them about a month ago inquiring this and they said they could not book me on the canopy tour alone b/c they have a contract with the ship

your explanation makes sense!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Another option I found is Dominica Adventure Vacations - they offer just the tubing but email address doesn't seem to be working. Anyone toured w/ them before?[/quote

I went to Wacky Rollers website and reserved a combo adventure park/river tubing excursion. I informed them I was arriving on the Destiny and they allowed me to reserve. They are even going to have a rep waiting for us in the tourism building when we get off the ship.

We booked the Double your Fun tour on Carnival, which is the combo (River tubing/falls pick the tour you want) and it includes lunch...and so I was wondering the difference in what you were quoted as to what Carnival is charging..which is $92 pp.

Archived