Car rental in Fort Lauderdale--return near Port of Miami

missy55

Avis has a downtown Miami location 5 minutes from the Port of Miami. They do not offer a shuttle but cab fare is less then $10.

AVIS Downtown Miami - M6I

99 Southeast 2nd Street, (at Southeast 1st Avenue), Miami, FL 33131 ,

305-379-1317

Sun 08:00AM-01:00PM; Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM; Sat 08:00AM-04:00PM

I just got off the phone with enterprise. I wanted to rent a car for the day after our cruise. They said that they will not pick up at the peir, that I would need to take a cab. Then when I told them that I wanted to return it to FLL airport, they told me it was a $50.00 drop off fee:mad:. I guess we will have to suck it up and pay the $30.00 p/p transfer fee for the both of us to get back to FLL.

We are using airport express to get to the port of miami from FLL. They are located right outside of baggae claim and they only charge $18.00 p/p to get you to the port of Miami. That is much better than $30.00 p/p that the cruise line wants. Not to mention that you will not have to wait around for the cruise lines bus to fill up.

Happy crusing:D

Bahamma mamma, check out some of the other car rental agencies. It is very unusual to have to pay a car rental drop-off fee within the State of Florida, I would certainly pass on Enterprise, what a rip-off. :mad:

Archived