Hotel for a day?

petefamily7@yahoo.com

We will get back on Ohau on the 14th of April at 7am and our flight won't leave until 10:45p. Before our cruise we are staying at the Embassy Suites but I don't want to spend that for a drop of place.

What I am looking for is someplace to drop our luggage while we go to the north shore and then when we come back we can relax or do the last beach day. Or maybe I could do a few loads of laundry.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Angie

Aloha. I wish I had a better answer for you, but very few of the hotels and resorts in Hawaii have day rooms. There used to be mini-rooms at the airport, but those are a thing of the past (security). Occasionally, the hotel right by the airport (sorry, I can't remember which it is) will have day rates available. It's been a while since anyone has reported being able to get a day room though. I think they were renting at about $80 (but I'm not positive).

I suggest talking to Embassy Suites (call the one where you're staying, rather than dealing with the corporate reservations people). Ask to speak to the manager. Tell him/her what days you're staying pre-cruise and explain that you will have almost a full day to kill after your cruise. (You'll need to be at the airport at 8:45.) See if you can arrange to pay a day rate (say, 1/2 the overnight rate) where you can drop your luggage at the desk for them to hold while you tour the island. Then you could check in for the day when you get back. You'll be out of the room by 8:00 pm (or a bit earlier), so that just may be acceptable to the manager.

Many of the hotels will allow a late checkout (as late as 9:00 pm) for overnight guests who have late flights their last day. It's possible that you could work out a deal, even though they'll be a cruise between your overnight stay and the day you need what amounts to a late checkout.

The only other thing I can think of would be to reserve a room at someplace like the Aqua Palms (CC members have reported it as clean and nice, but reasonable--for Waikiki--at $150 or less) or another "inexpensive" hotel.

If you do manage to find a hotel that is allowing day rates on the day you need, it will not be cheap. You should expect to pay $75+ (probably more).

Good luck and have a great cruise.

beachchick

Aloha. I wish I had a better answer for you, but very few of the hotels and resorts in Hawaii have day rooms. There used to be mini-rooms at the airport, but those are a thing of the past (security). Occasionally, the hotel right by the airport (sorry, I can't remember which it is) will have day rates available. It's been a while since anyone has reported being able to get a day room though. I think they were renting at about $80 (but I'm not positive).

beachchick

Beachchick - This is some info for your memory banks. It is current information as of a couple of days ago when I called and asked.

The Shower Tree the replacement for the previous in airport hotel. It would be a minimum accommodation situation; however, on international flights laying over, would be convenient, if for nothing else than to stretch out on a bed for the day. This is what they have: Day room 6am-6pm for $45.00--that is a room with a twin bed and chair. Showers and bathroom facilities are in the hall as well as two TV rooms. The room for 10am-10pm is $55.00. They also have showers only at $8.18. They do not accept credit cards and only reservations with a prepaid check. You just send your info. with that check to 3085 Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu, HI 96819. Phone is as listed--808-833-1411. It is right by the BW Plaza (at airport) and Honolulu Airport Hotel. Not for everyone but very useful info.

Archived