Boarding Times

jimgib

On the last 3 cruises, we boarded before noon and were able to have lunch in the buffet before our room was ready. Some others we met arrived around 10:30 AM on Mercury last month and had to wait in the terminal for an hour or so and then boarded and had lunch.

We've found that the earlier you can get there, the less waiting there is. Also make sure you do the on-line check-in and have your print-out handy.

The rooms are usually ready by 1-2 PM, but your luggage might not be delivered till later.

I asked this elsewhere, but have not gotten a reply. My cruise docs say boarding at 2:00, but I saw on radio's posting of dailies for a 5 day cruise out of Miami at the end of January, that lunch was served from 11:00. Please help me out -- why are the docs saying 2:00, and they are pretty infatic about it, if they are serving lunch 3 hours earlier, and want everyone on by 4 for a 5 pm sailing. Two hours is not a very long period for boarding.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope this helps a little. In Miami, I called to find out when we could board the ship. The cruise documents had bold letters -- no boarding before 2 pm. Since there is a muster at 4:30, and sailing at 5 pm, that doesn't leave much time to get everyone on. The lady told me, the ship told her not to tell anyone to board before 12:30. We boarded at 12:30 -- lines were non-existent. The rest of our group boarded a little after 12:00. We couldn't get into our cabins until closer to 2, but we had lunch, and enjoyed ourselves.

Archived