Halloween

Solomom

Has anyone been on a cruise ship during Halloween? Do they have special activities, food, entertainment and children's activities? Should I bring a costume?

Solomom

We were on the Miracle last Halloween and we had so much fun dressing up and going to the costume party! I went to KMart and bought a Vampire Costume for my huband (bought the fang teeth also) and a Vampiress for me. Some people had really creative costumes but most just had store-bought stuff. Those who weren't dressed up might have felt a bit left out! It was fun seeing everyone in the dining room in costume, inlcuding our waiter!

There is a special cocktail party for those in costume and also a costume contest. I'm not sure about children's activities but I'm sure there were similar activities for the kids.

...decorations

..."trick or treat" [through Camp Carnival]

..."costume parade" [for both children/adults]

..."ghost stories"

...one lounge decorated as "haunted house"

[what took place during my 10/06 "Conquest" cruise]

My mom and I were on the Ecstasy last year at Halloween, and while we didn't bring costumes, it was so much fun just to walk around and see all the costumes! Some were very simple, some were very creative, some were very tacky,:eek: lol! I don't know about the kids programs, but i'm sure they had all kinds of fun stuff going on too!

Sheri

We were on the Fantasy in the begining of Oct. 06 and they had a GREAT halloween party! We did not know anything about it so we had no costumes but we booked the Legend for Oct this year and we are bringing costumes hoping they will too have a party. otherwise we will dress up and stand on the balcony and look like idiots :D

We are cruising the Liberty at Halloween this year, and most of us on our roll call is planning what we will be wearing. I plan on taking some decorations, etc for the kids. Should be a blast. Is there are better way to spend Halloween other then at sea??

Camp Carnival does a trick or treating thing with the kids. The kids go to designated locations and get candy. On our Hawaii cruise I called to see if there was going to be any halloween festivities and was told no. Low and behold during our 5 days at sea they announced there was going to be parties and such on Friday the 13th, the last day of our cruise. We were unprepared but it was pretty amazing how the DH made costumes for the kids out of stuff we had. Call him Mark Stewart (Martha Stewart), Next Oct we will be prepared. :D

My husband and I have went on alot of cruises during Halloween and love it. Last year we dressed up as "the dead":eek: and had many positive comments.

They have special additional things added to Halloween Fun like Pumkin Carving & Apple Bobbing on Lido deck. They held a costume party & parade at different times and areas through out the ship with Halloween music. They had judging done and a drink special was "Wicked Witch" availabe for all guests in costume. It is great fun dressing up and seeing how crazy others dress. We go during Halloween itself and suggest others try it themselves sometime through October.

My husband and I have went on alot of cruises during Halloween and love it. Last year we dressed up as "the dead:eek:" and received alot of positive comments.

They have special additional things added to Halloween Fun like pumkin carving & apple bobbing on Lido deck. We dressed up before dinner and saw over 50% cruisers in dinning room dressed up too along with the staff.

They held a costume party & Parade at different times and areas through out the ship with Halloween music. They had judging done for the funniest and scarest and a drink special, the "Wicked Witch" available for all guests in costume. It is great fun dressing up and seeing how crazy others dress. We go during Halloween itself and suggest others try it themselves sometime through October.

Archived