Anyone Just Off BRILLIANCE

AFT_LOVER

as we were told new beds in February, so did you have them?

Are you Diamond or Plus, and did you have a CL with coffee during the day & a choice for nightime cocktails to go to the Hollywood Oddessey on 13 instead of the small room?

No one will be off until the 23rd so you might want to post this then. I saw the post that you said you have emailed the concierge and he said the new bedding was going to be installed in Feb. I sure hope your are right since we sail at the end of March. I did have to call C & A on another matter and I asked and they told me April/May, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that you are right

the Concierge who was emailing me as they cruised the PC, sent me a thank you note as he was promoted to Supervisor of Customer Services and a gal named Katherine was back as Concierge.

So far she has not answered an email sent to her from another on my cruise (4/16). After cruising Freedom with the great beds, I can't imagine having those steel framed 3" mattress again.

So hopefully folks may be LIVE from the cruise to answer. We were also told by another cruiser just off, that the SeaView Cafe is Italian menu, not the burgers, onion rings & fries of Jewel's.

We also were told that DIamond & Plus members go to floor 13 to Hollywood Odessey as their CL. Suites get the 10th floor CL. But no coffeemaker on 13, so nothing all day? We are to have Continental breakfast with specialty coffee in the AM. So we are hoping for word on this also.

I was on the Brilliance fall crossing and the January 2nd Canal cruise. As a diamond member I was allowed into both the Deck 10 and 13 lounges. (I love the coffee and breakfast on Deck 10 as well).

The bedding project is scheduled to begin on Feb 23, but apparently it takes several sailings to complete and may not be done till the beginning of April. I suspect that this makes sense since Brilliance is only in port every 10 to 11 days. I can't see them taking on 2,000 new mattresses in a single port day. It seems that the goal is to have it done before the ship does the spring crossing back to the Med.

PS - you will love Katherine - she is a sweetheart!!!!

Archived