Fridge In Room?

vesw01

It depends on what ship you are sailing and what category cabin you have. There are many, many cabins that do have a fridge. But, the fridge is small. If you are trying to keep many beers or soft drinks on ice, you need to bring a cooler.

It was my understanding that all the rooms had fridges, but I see alot of people talking about keeping a cooler in their room - any suggestions, advice, comments?

Correct, what ship wil you be on, and what type of rrom do you have? Also if you need a fridge for medical reasons such as to keeping meds cold, ask your travel agen to specify this, most ships have a certain amount available but they are first come first served in most cases.

To my knowledge, only the cat. 11 and 12 cabins have a refrigirator. I was not aware that you could bring coolers on board - soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are limited and can be refused at boarding. I would think it would be just as easy to buy a drink card for sodas and pay the price for drinks at the bar.

To my knowledge, only the cat. 11 and 12 cabins have a refrigirator. I was not aware that you could bring coolers on board - soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are limited and can be refused at boarding. I would think it would be just as easy to buy a drink card for sodas and pay the price for drinks at the bar.

Many people bring the soft sided coolers onboard.... Soft drinks are allowed in a reasonable quantity, but alcohol is not permitted onboard at all, except for a bottle of wine or champagne (of course, many of us find a way around that ;) ) Bring on the soft drinks and water, just be reasonable...

No 'fridge in a 4a! The soft-sided or fold-up are great and can be packed in your luggage. They can, and will usually, confiscate carry-on soda, etc.

(We actually saw someone trying to take two cases of coke onto the Triumph) It was left with the Porter's next to the big metal basket!! Nice try!! ;)

Cabin steward will be more than happy to keep the cooler filled with ice if you just let them know..!! :D

the carnival website does say you can bring on a reasonable amount. i guess they thought 2 cases was unreasonable. however, i am taking a 12 pack for each of the 3 of us....and that is less than 2 sodas per day, so i think that is reasonable.

also, it is apparently better to just put it into your checked baggage and not carry it on yourself.

hth

Any amount 'smuggled' in your luggage is "legal" as long as you don't get caught, but it depends on security or the porter's (a tip may help) as to how much one can really take aboard. I believe if it is not 'carry-able' (is that a word?), it will be left at the pier. The guy with the two cases thought they'd deliver it to his cabin with the luggage! NOT :rolleyes:

Archived