Car Rental in Kauai

AlohaCruiser

Yes there should be a shuttle to pick you up. Your name goes on their list when you make the reservation. The rental cars are picked up at the airport which is just about as close as you can get to the rental agencies of any port in the Island. Probably not more than 1-2 miles.

BTW, arrange for your rental well before the cruise.

I want to rent a car to use in Kauai for a day. Will there be a shuttle to pick us up at the dock? Do I reserve the car at the airport location? Do I tell the agency that I will be coming on the POA?

The last time I was in Kauai, we came in by plane. I used Budget Rent-a-car on all of the islands and was very satisfied with them. I believe that the cruise ship port is very close to the airport. They will probably have a shuttle on the dock, I've seen them in other ports, but I would let them know the arrival plans. They will let you know what their arrangements are.

Enjoy Kauai. It is an absolutely gorgeous place.

Alamo had some great rates when we were there in May. If you book with them say hi to "Tiny", their not so tiny shuttle driver. He was a great help with directions and letting us know how long locations took to get to.

Archived