The first 24 hours

czardas

As I set sail tomorrow :) I noticed this question in another newsgroup and it brought back such wonderful memories that has taken my excitment for tomorrow to a new high "The first 24 hours - what do you do that makes you excited and brings back special memories about cruising?"

For me it is getting the first sight of the ship as we approach in the coach from the airport.

Then taking that first step onboard. Giggling at everyone that has their life jackets with the cords dragging on the ground as they go to the lounge, waiting for muster. Once that's over knowing that the fun begins and going out to the pool area and waiting for her to set sail.

Hearing the ships horn sends a chill down my body and I realise that all the planning and months of wait is over and our holiday has begun.

Oh and I love going under the Harbour Bridge, the atmosphere is electric.

As I set sail tomorrow :) I noticed this question in another newsgroup and it brought back such wonderful memories that has taken my excitment for tomorrow to a new high "The first 24 hours - what do you do that makes you excited and brings back special memories about cruising?"

For me it is getting the first sight of the ship as we approach in the coach from the airport.

Then taking that first step onboard. Giggling at everyone that has their life jackets with the cords dragging on the ground as they go to the lounge, waiting for muster. Once that's over knowing that the fun begins and going out to the pool area and waiting for her to set sail.

Hearing the ships horn sends a chill down my body and I realise that all the planning and months of wait is over and our holiday has begun.

Oh and I love going under the Harbour Bridge, the atmosphere is electric.

Hi czardas....When I get off the plane ...getting to the ship.. waiting in line to board...going to the cabin.....the ship leaving port....every bit of that is all so exciting. then.. .. going under Sydney harbour bridge and passing the Opera house, on out to sea. I know I am going to have a great time.

We are so lucky to have such a beautiful harbour, and whether leaving or arriving, it is one of the best sights in the world... without a doubt.

You do all the things you dreamed about, and have a drink for all of us CC's left at home.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Oh boy czardas, I envy you so much. Leaving the most beautisul harbour in the world for however many nights at sea has got to be the best feeling in the world. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it. Have a wonderful trip.

Karen

definately going under the bridge is a huge heart stopper.

on my last cruise from port canaveral it wasnt as exciting. It is a huge port and you can see cape canerval but nothing compares to sydney.

It is nearly 12.30 as i write this so guessing you maybe be just about to walk onto the ship.

enjoy the excitiment. will be checking the webcams

karon

Archived