How do I agree to accept emails from other cc'rs?

Since the board changed , my profile is showing that I have specified I don't want to receive emails. No matter which boxes I try ticking , it still won't allow me to give my email address.

Also, how do I get icons into the text rather than the title?

I'm not very computer-literate, so any replies need to be ABC simple. Thanks for help

The answers are pretty simple, so I hope they are no trouble.

As far as I know, the facility for e-mailing other members is disabled. I don't know if there are any plans to activate it, but it's not working for anyone at the moment, deliberately.

To get similies into the text of your post, the easiest thing is to make sure that you have the Standard Interface or the Enhanced Interface enabled. Can you see smilies to the right of the text entry box where you're typing your text? If not, you only have the Basic Interface working. Here's how to change it:-

• Go to your User CP (the link is near the top left hand corner of this page)
  • Then go to Edit Options (the link is in the list on the left hand side)
  • Go to the last item on the page, and change to either Standard or Enhanced (Enhanced means that as you type, you see exactly what the post will look like - What You See Is What You Get, or WYSIWYG)
  • Then Save Changes

When you can see smilies to the right of the text entry box, clicking one will automatically insert the appropriate code into your post.

At this time, no matter what you check, the only way to get e-mail from other members is to post your e-mail address in your profile or signature in User CP.

To get the smilies as well as the ability to change font size, color, bold etc. go into User CP, then to Edit Options. At the bottom there is a drop down box for Message Interface Editor. I use the WYSIWYG option. Click on save. You're done!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived