Sail away party on the Golden, any suggestions?

rdanderson

So far there are about 35 of us cruising on the Golden on 9/19/04. We are looking for suggestions on were to have a get together on the day we sail. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good location?

Also, has anyone been successful on contacting Princess to set up a party and how did you contact them? Is there a special number or e-mail for the Golden party planners?

Thanks

Becky

A great place to get together for sailaway is the Oasis bar on the Sun Deck. There is more than enough room for people to meet and mingle. It always seems to work out well. If the weather is wet, try the Terrace Bar by the aft pool one deck down.

You can set up a party once you are on board if you contact the purser's desk and make a request. With a large group, they'll even set up bartenders for you. The hard part is choosing a day and time that most people find agreeable. Plus, you need to be able to contact everyone on board if you want something this formalized.

Alternately, just choose a quieter spot to get together. Again, the Terrace Bar is a good spot. You can also get together in the Wheelhouse or Explorers, since these places aren't very busy during the day, aside from the art auctions in Explorers.

If you come up with a different idea on your own, don't be afraid to ask at the Purser's desk. You'd be surprised how willing everyone is to help you have a good time.

I would schedule the CC party on the Golden for sailaway, definately. We treid to do one after muster, but being at 8:00p, most people wanted to head to dinner.

Also, generate a back-up location incase of rain (i.e. the Wheelhouse).

• 2 weeks later...

I have participated in a couple of "cc" sailaway parties. The first was held in the Wheelhorse and the other was held onthe upper pool deck. If you have a certain number of folks (at least in the past) cc would notify the cruise director, who in turn would let folks know when and where the "cc" party was held. I also did one on my own and told everyone to TRY and wear a certain color top and meet at the pool bar for sailaway. All worked out well, and it was fun to see the folks throughout the week. ;)

I sailed the Golden in April. Our CC sailaway party was at the Oasis bar, at the rear of the ship, on the Sports Deck. As the guy who organized the party said, no one will have found that bar by the time the ship sails and he was right! The CC crowd had the place to ourselves. The kids played shuffleboard or got in the jacuzzis and the adults talked and enjoyed cocktails. It was perfect. Someone asked when the bar opens--I don't know. All I know is that it was open for business at 4 pm when our sailaway party started.

Have fun!!

Lisa

Archived