Kids use of adults pool on Serenade of the Seas

journey2sun

I have a question for any of you who have cruised on the Serenade of the Seas to Alaska. They have an enclosed solarium pool which is designated as "adults-only". Does anyone know if they have certain hours of the day when children are permitted in that pool? We'll be traveling in mid-June on the 7 night Hubbard Glacier cruise and it will be too cold (I presume) for my daughter to swim in the open air kids pool. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Carol

The plain and simple answer is "yes". When the Radiance Class ships travel to climates that are cold they will designate hours in which children are allowed in the Solarium Pool. It is usually enforced, and, if you wish you can always call any infractions to the Pool Attendant, they will take care of the matter for you almost immediately. Enjoy your cruise, we too will be on the Serenade in September for the 13 dat ultimate Alaska Cruise!

The plain and simple answer is "yes". When the Radiance Class ships travel to climates that are cold they will designate hours in which children are allowed in the Solarium Pool. It is usually enforced, and, if you wish you can always call any infractions to the Pool Attendant, they will take care of the matter for you almost immediately. Enjoy your cruise, we too will be on the Serenade in September for the 13 dat ultimate Alaska Cruise!

Thanks for the reply Shelley and have a great cruise. 13 days in Alaska - it doesn't get much better. Enjoy!

Last year on the Serenade 7-night roundtrip out of Vancouver, August 13-20, the Solarium pool had "family time" 12-4 pm. Here's what it said in the Cruise Compass: "As per our Guest Vacation Policy, the Solarium Pool is reserved for guests 16 years and older. However, during the cooler seasons and inclement weather, the Solarium Pool may be used by children under 16 if directly supervised by a parent or guardian from noon - 4:00 pm. We thank you in advance for your cooperation." (hmm, now I've pulled out the cruise file, guess I'll have to read through all those old Compasses).

The days we were in there taking advantage of this family time, it was well used... plenty of families but not really crowded, kids were with parents, everybody out before 4:00. I didn't see any enforcement but we were blessed with cooperative, cheerful shipmates... at least that's all I saw!

Last year on the Serenade 7-night roundtrip out of Vancouver, August 13-20, the Solarium pool had "family time" 12-4 pm. Here's what it said in the Cruise Compass: "As per our Guest Vacation Policy, the Solarium Pool is reserved for guests 16 years and older. However, during the cooler seasons and inclement weather, the Solarium Pool may be used by children under 16 if directly supervised by a parent or guardian from noon - 4:00 pm. We thank you in advance for your cooperation." (hmm, now I've pulled out the cruise file, guess I'll have to read through all those old Compasses).

The days we were in there taking advantage of this family time, it was well used... plenty of families but not really crowded, kids were with parents, everybody out before 4:00. I didn't see any enforcement but we were blessed with cooperative, cheerful shipmates... at least that's all I saw!

Bluenose Sandy,

Sounds like we're taking the same/similar cruise. We're also roundtrip out of Vancouver leaving June 16th. The itinerary includes Skagway, Juneau, Hubbard Glacier cruising and Icy Strait. Any particular highlights or must-sees that you'd recommend? I've already booked a whale watch (for myself only - not my 7 year old) with F.I.S.H.E.S from Icy Strait and also the Yukon Bus/Rail Excursion with Chilkoot Tours (with my Mom, 80 years young, and my daughter). I've cruised on the Mariner of the Seas but this will be my first cruise on the Serenade. We've got a balcony cabin on the 9th deck so my Mom hopes to chill out (hopefully not literally) on the balcony and watch the spectacular scenery go by.

Archived