Waikiki Shuttle Service

bdjam

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before - I tried searching but got so much information back that I couldn't find the answer to my specific question.

I was on Oahu on Island Princess two years ago and I seem to remember two shuttle services from the Aloha Tower to Waikiki - one was courtesy of Hilo Hatties - and they took you there from the pier. I seem to remember there was a direct to Waikiki version as well.

Any thoughts on either of these and does anyone know if there's shuttle service running now?

Thanks -

Thanks for the info - I did find a shuttle service on the internet which goes from Aloha Tower to Waikiki for a price - I think it was about $15 one way.

I suppose Hilo Hatties would require you have a full shopping bag from their store before they take you back to the ship? :D

Thanks -

It would be nice if they took you to the one in the Ala Moana Center, as that's on the way to Waikiki, but they probably take you to the one west of the harbor going towards the airport. (I'll bet they bring you back whether you buy something or not!) I still recommend the local bus.

It would be nice if they took you to the one in the Ala Moana Center, as that's on the way to Waikiki, but they probably take you to the one west of the harbor going towards the airport. (I'll bet they bring you back whether you buy something or not!) I still recommend the local bus.
It seemed that Hilo Hattie's had a shuttle from the pier to whichever store that they were using and also had a shuttle from Waikiki to the same store...so you just got off one shuttle and then on to the other one when you got to the store.

But I think you're right...I might just stick to the bus... :)

There is a "free" shuttle that takes you first to the Maui Divers Jewelry factory. You see a video and then tour the show room. There are lots of sales people to show you the absolutely beautiful jewelry. I had no intention of buying any thing but my husband bought me a ring and matching earrings in a unique setting - of black coral and seed pearls. (It was my reward for not throwing him off the ship he said!) The shuttle also stopped at the Ala Moana Center. We went to the beach after that but did take a taxi back to the pier....that was $18. Two chairs at the beach were $20 plus tip for 2 hours. So it was an expensive trip. But the beach was beautiful but very crowded.

Archived