Photogs, special pictures, family portraits : BARGAIN ON SHIP

sharecruises

JMO the photography on the ship is a BARGAIN

I was at the mall and a photog there was running a "special promo"

those "casual photos", you know the ones in jeans/blue shirt or a white tee, with a couple or a family kind of sitting/sprawled on each other ??

His special was $179....included one 8x10 and some "reduced" prices on more

and this is cheap....there are plenty of other "casual" photographers who

charge a LOT more...you must pay for the sitting and you pay that whether or not you like the pictures

another cool thing they had on my cruise was the "old fashioned" photos...my BF and I were going to do this here in Florida, but the cost for the sitting was pretty high ( $79? $89?)and again no telling if you would like it?

For families this is a perfect way to get a group picture, and for couples too....how often can you get your guy to get dressed up and pose? Not to mention, cost, etc

Tho the price may seem steep, you have all those pics to choose from. If one setting/background is no good, don't buy it. Pick and choose...you get a lot of varied photography, poses! Better than a mall special...and if you don't think so, call around and ask local photog what they charge on a sitting fee <grin>

I agree; however, my complaint about the pictures is the insistance that you buy the 8X10 before you can buy smaller prints. I just really do not need that many 8X10 photographs.

I think they should replace the photo viewing area with an electronic viewing kiosks so that you could view your photograph and then order the sizes and quantities you want. Technology being what it is today this should actually be pretty easy and less waste of all those unwanted prints.

I agree; however, my complaint about the pictures is the insistance that you buy the 8X10 before you can buy smaller prints. I just really do not need that many 8X10 photographs.

I think they should replace the photo viewing area with an electronic viewing kiosks so that you could view your photograph and then order the sizes and quantities you want. Technology being what it is today this should actually be pretty easy and less waste of all those unwanted prints.

That would also solve many problems, People manhandeling your photos, getting fingerprints on them, plus they would be easier to find

I also agree about the price. We got married on the Elation this past fall and paid 1150 for ALL of the pictures plus our dinner so about 250 prints plus we got a canvas, album and photo Cd with a copyright form so we can get repritns done. Try that with a wedding photographer in your area!

How many kiosks are you talking about? How long do you think the lines would be from entire families standing in front of the kiosks so everyone could pick and choose.

" Oh look at little Johnny, inst he adorable" "which picture should we get, I like this one better" "No, I like this one"

Normally there are always 30+ people in the photo area, which would truly cause flow problems if everyone had to view their pics in a kiosk.

Cruiselines love to make money, they evidently feel that for the time being this way makes them the most money, with the least about of technical breakdowns.

Can you imagine if the kiosk malfunctioned and no one could see their pictures, or worse yet if they were somehow erased:eek::eek:

It would be cool if you could few them in your room on the TV. Maybe somehow relate it to your sail and sign card. That would be cool. I think people would spend more money if they did not feel like they had to buy the 8 x 10 first. Most people would rather buy 5 x 7 and maybe some wallets.

From what I read all the cruiselines are experimenting with different ways to streamline and enhance the photography. Should be interesting with all the new technologies that come out so quickly

Yes, they make you buy the larger size but the cost is offeset so much by the fact there is no sitting fee. The wedding pictures? wow..what a savings, that is great!

I guess it is possible to go overboard on pictures, but really it is pretty cool to have all the different backgrounds and settings from which to choose.

Seeing that photog setup at the mall just reminded me what a bargain cruise pictures are...we could have paid the fee for the "casual picture" sitting and not even liked the pictures but feel that you have to buy...

instead, I am waiting til May and will have the picture done on the cruise <grin>

Having the portraits already printed vs viewing on a screen is a marketing strategy: if you don't purchase the portraits they will be "destroyed." And who wants photos of their families destroyed? Nevertheless, I didn't buy any, not even one picture of my precious children. (We took a few hundred shots with our own camera..... the murals and tile mosaics were cool backgrounds, as well as the "bus" in the Bus Stop Bar.)

Archived