Laundry "bag" on the Maasdam

calteacher

My DH and I will be boarding the Maasdam on March 15 for a ten-day cruise. Since we will be vacationing in FL for several days prior to boarding the ship, we will be ready for laundry services as soon as we board.

Can anyone who has used the $12 per bag laundry service give me an idea of how many clothes (rolled as tightly as possible) we can cram into a bag? I'm thinking of DH's underwear plus a several shirts and a couple of cotton sun dresses with jackets which will need ironing even if they aren't dirty. Seemed that the best way to get them ironed would be to send them to the laundry.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just back from the Veendam. We used the unlimited service. 1 bag per day. I could stuff 4 (Tee, Knit, Blouses, Shirts), 2 pr shorts, 4 pr underwear, 2 pr of socks, tux shirt and maybe a pair of slacks into a bag. Usually 1 day return. You can request folded or on hangers, starch or not. Underwear socks came back in a bag. Everything was pressed even the handerchiefs that I sent out. Will use the service again next cruise.

We had started our honeymoon cruise 3 days before we boarded the Maasdam and decided to use the laundry bag so we wouldn't have to pack so much clothes. At first look, the bag seems small but you are able to stuff alot of clothes in there! If memory serves me right, I stuffed in 4 pair of boxer shorts, 2 polo shirts, 4 pair of socks and the wife stuffed in 2 blouses and 2 capri pants.

I also took advantage of their complimentary free shoe shine to polish my shoes before the first formal night.

I have nothing but praise for the laundry & shoe shine service we recieved on the Maasdam.

Price of unlimited laundry service depends on length of cruise. It does not include dry cleaning unless you choose this option too. Pressing-only is an option and is sent separately, I would not cram pressing into a laundry bag. Going on past experience a 10 day price is around $50-60 for laundry only.

GN

Believe it or not I got 28 items in the bag and it was stuffed fuller than Santa Claus's bag. I even surprised myself. We always use it. We did have the unlimited on the Rotterdam when we went to Europe as we were in Venice 3 days before our cruise in Rome 3 days after and it was great. It cost us $70 and it was really worth it, especially when you tend to wear 2 different outfits a day while cruising.

Kathy

Archived