Best Aft Cabins on Zuiderdam

BarbGar

I know several months back, there was a posting of the best cabins on particular ships. Can't seem to find it right now. We are very interested in the aft cabins on the Zuiderdam and was hoping for some help. Any recommendation on a particular deck -- verandah, upper verandah, etc. Please help, we will be booking soon.

All cabin recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks so much.

The "LAFFNVEGAS Suite" (5187) is touted as the best full suite on the wake. If you're considering a VA, don't book the two in the very center, as they are narrower than the rest. There are links to photos of these cabins in my sig below.

Candy the ZuiderPrincess <-- just booked Zuidy #8

Candy any info on the VA 5185 cabin or pictures. We are actually sailing on the Westerdam March 18th, coming up soon yeh. I am a little nervous about

the aft if we have rough seas, vibrations. I have gone to your signature and for some reasosn can't get the info. Thanks

Candy any info on the VA 5185 cabin or pictures. We are actually sailing on the Westerdam March 18th, coming up soon yeh. I am a little nervous about

the aft if we have rough seas, vibrations. I have gone to your signature and for some reasosn can't get the info. Thanks

We were in 5180-81 and felt no unusual vibrations. I really don't think you'll have a problem if you encounter rough seas... the pax up in the bow would feel the worst of it. Here's the direct photo link:

Zuidy 5180-81 Photos

Candy the ZuiderPrincess

We were in 7133 and loved it. Being on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge was convenient......the aft suites might have a bit less space between the foot of the bed and the sofa, but more than make up for it with the huge wrap around balcony.

Just curious about what "LAFFNVEGAS" means? We are booked for that exact Suite next month. I know the balcony/deck is going to be great. Is the room also worth the price? Thanks!

Lisa, a longtime frequent poster on CC, books 5187 on the Zuiderdam and Oosterdam (seems like 2 or 3 times a year), and we have fondly named the suite for her username, LAFFIVEGAS.

Candy

We will be in an aft suite 7042(post drydock-4/07) and are concerned about the changes that will take place concerning the veranda space. We picked this particular cabin for the extra depth and the wraparound feature. I have heard that they will be making her more like the Noorsdam in the stern. Does anyone have any pix of the Noorsdam aft corner suites so as to see the difference in the verandas. Thanks

We will be in an aft suite 7042(post drydock-4/07) and are concerned about the changes that will take place concerning the veranda space. We picked this particular cabin for the extra depth and the wraparound feature. I have heard that they will be making her more like the Noorsdam in the stern. Does anyone have any pix of the Noorsdam aft corner suites so as to see the difference in the verandas. Thanks

Ahoy, future shipmate! (I think it's still just you and me on our rollcall.) We'll be in the starboard aft corner on Upper Veranda, three decks below you, so I had much the same question myself. Here's a picture of the aft of the Noordam, taken from the dock. It doesn't show much detail on the verandas, but you can see that there's still quite a bit of room there. Hope this helps!

noordamaft.jpg.ecc7dc5fb84cecc5635b06ad145d0fa4.jpg

Thank you so much O2B@C. I appreciate the picture. I wish I could see the verandas from above, though. I wrote HAL and they said that the inside of the suite will not be affected by the drydock changes, but we will possibly only lose 20-30 sq.ft of the veranda. They stressed that it would still be well within the 550-700 sq. ft as advertised. That leaves a lot of leeway for them.

Again, does anyone have pix of the Noordam aft suite verandas???

Yes, it does seem that we are the only ones on our rollcall. Hope more do join, but glad to have a great start with us!!!:D

Archived