Unhappy with air darture time

bucketsofbeer

In reading alot about booking your own flights and not booking with a cruise line, just a thought, if Princess books your flight and something happens, they will get you to the ship. If you book on your own and something happens and you miss the ship you're out your cruise. I just read about a family of 10 booked there own fights on Jet Blue and with the recent mess the family never made it to the ship and was out $10,000.

Travel insurance would have helped this family.

In reading alot about booking your own flights and not booking with a cruise line, just a thought, if Princess books your flight and something happens, they will get you to the ship. If you book on your own and something happens and you miss the ship you're out your cruise. I just read about a family of 10 booked there own fights on Jet Blue and with the recent mess the family never made it to the ship and was out $10,000.

Travel insurance would have helped this family.

Princess will help you get to the next port, they will not hold the ship for you if you are very late, it will also be at your own expense not theres:eek:

Could you arrive at the airport for the earlier flight and ask to stand by? We're done that before when flying AA with success.

AA does off this program and they also offer a paid change the day of your flight, I believe it's a stand-by type program that you can do 3-4 hours ahead of the flight time. It's around $25 and is only good on coach seats not business class.

Call AA, they will be able to tell you all about it and also let you know how the earlier flights look load wise and whether or not you have a decent change. I know from flying on buddy passes with Delta that there is some kind of calculation they do to let you know your chances of getting on the flight.

Interesting developments in my case.

I am now on flights arranged individually not with Princess.Ft Myers to LA. Cost is less than Princess, timings is better (more time between connections ) and seating is better. With Princess I was right at rear of plane, next to the toilets! Now I am in the second row in the Econommy section. Certainly easier to get on and off.

True Princess have said that they suggest that no one books flights out of LA before 12.30p.m. The ship docks at 7a.m. I know it takes time to get things organised, immigration, customs and luggage off loaded, time to airport is 45 mins, so my flight for 12.20 means getting to airport around 11a,m back off 50 mins for taxis brings me to 10a.m, Surely 3 hours is enough time for disembarking formalities? I hope to get off around 9-9.30

Archived