Galveston weather in December?

lschultz

What is the weather like in Galveston in December? We are cruising on the Elation 12/5/04. Last December we sailed out of New Orleans and it was cold, about 45 degrees. Warmer than Wisconsin in December, but still to cool for cruise weather.

Since you'll be headed South from Galveston, you should be fine.

Our weather is very changeable here in Southeast Texas, and can be chilly sometimes in December. We've also had times when we wear shorts and tank tops on Christmas Day.

The Yucatan is warm in December anyway, usually.

Go ahead and book!!

We took the Elation out of Galveston for the week of Christmas last year. Jeans and sweaters were what we needed to walk along the seawall before the cruise.

On the cruise itself, the first day out and the last day at sea on the way back are cool in the mornings and evenings and can be very windy. I was happy to have a jogging suit for mornings on the track and that first cup of coffee on deck.

Be sure to bring some type of a wrap for the evenings. It's just not that "summer-y" in the evenings. But it's still great, you'll have some bathing suit and sun time, just be sure to bring a sweater or two and at least one pair of long pants. Have fun!

I live in Houston...we have the same weather as Galveston....the saying here is "if you don't like the weather today.wait until tomorrow" seriously it can be cold (like they said 60* is cold to us) one day and hot the next...in Dec...it's prob going to be chilly..I would bring a jacket and sweater...

We took a cruise out of Houston last December, and was cloudy and a little chilly. We had to wear light jackets when we boarded. Our friends were from Nebraska, as had wanted warm weather, I assured them by the next day, we would be in sunshine and the swimming pool would be open. You won't be on the ship long before you will be in warm weather if it isn't warm when you leave

The average high for Galveston in December is low 60s; average low is low 50s (looking at the weather records, it is about 10 degrees cooler than Miami in December). Expect a range +/- 15 degress from this. Like others mention, you can need you A/C one day and then need to turn the heat on the next -- I have lived in the metro Houston area and this time of year is a pleasant break from the high heat and humidity that we endure most of the rest of the year.

Be prepared for a cooler day and it won't be a big deal.

Archived