Missing Post-Insignia/Anne?

perrys

Yes, I was looking forward to her posts also - from the Insignia, which I am hoping to sail on.

But there is trouble on the CruiseCritics board and if you look at the posts you will see many -1's - and the dates are not all in sequence and I've read complaints that some posts are missing.

So, maybe she will turn back up.

This is the quietest board that CC has! Since I'm new on it, I don't know if there is a problem with it (with all the -1 posting) or if it isn't much used for some reason. Maybe because Oceania is the new ship on the block

Costa Riviera 6/91

Regent Sun 8/92

Neui Amsterdam 10/95- NCL Seaward 8/96

Royal Odyssey 10/96 & 4/97

NCL Crown 4/98

Commodore 9/00

NCL Wind 11/00

HAL Statendam 1/02 Rhapsody of the Sea 5/02

Princess Golden 8/02 Millenium 10/14/03

Constellation 8/26/04 Constellation 9/7/04

I don't understand the -1 thing going on..it's weird..lots of action at the yahoo board

Barcelona to Venice on Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

Oh my goodness, Please don't follow the advice and go the Yahoo board. My mail box is full of communications from Yahoo. I have tried to contact Yahoo for several weeks now, and I get no response. I have tried to adjust my profile, and it doesn't accept it. I just have to report each communique as "spam" as I can't stop it.

I have had my e-mail address for years, but it looks like I will have to change this address just to get rid of all the Yahoo mail.

Don't believe that a lot is going on over there. Cruise Critic is at least "professional." Sorry folks, but that is the way it is.

I love to communicate, but not like the Yahoo boards. I think there is little communication here because of Oceania being fairly new.

I've been on these boards for a long, long time, and there is nothing wrong with them. I made the mistake of taking some advice from one of these folks, and it has been a nightmare ever since--don't make that same mistake.

C'mon. You've been told in another post, in great detail, how to correctly set up your membership at the Yahoo Board. There is no reason to receive ANY e-mail from that board. Go back to YOUR ACCOUNT and correct the listing. If you are unable to do it you might want to follow the URL given on the homepage and unsubscribe.

OceanaCruiser-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

I agree! I don't know why you keep posting negative things about the Yahoo board. It is very easy to stop all e-mail. I've done it and I just check on the posts at my convenience.

And what is the virtue of checking out the posts on only one board? If you are counting on only this one for Oceania you are going to be out of luck!

I check multiple boards - always looking for something of interest or importance before cruising. I especially am interested in making contact with interesting people that will be on our cruise. We have done this with CruiseCritic and on other boards also.

The only problem (for me anyway) with CruiseCritic is not even their "fault". One of the cruises we are checking out now has over 150 people registered! About 10-15 of these people know each other from previous cruises and the rest of us read their posts, but are not getting acquainted or getting interfaced, or whatever the trendy word is today! But if it weren't that popular the people wouldn't flock to it. So - whatcha going do?

I'm going to keep reading all the boards and sources that I find!

Happy travels,

Carol / Brahmama

If you are getting e-mails from the "other" board and wish to stop them

Here's how you do it:

Click on "Edit My Membership" in the top right of the messages

screen. You will see these delivery choices:

o Individual emails. Send individual email messages.

o Daily digest. Send many emails in one message.

o Special notices. Only send me important update emails from the group moderator.

o No email. Don't send me email, I'll read the messages at the

Web site.

Click on the round button to the left of your new choice.

Many members choose "No Email", or if they prefer a synopsis of the daily board activity in one large email message, they choose "Daily Digest".

After you have initiated a change, scroll down and click on

the "Submit" button, and your new delivery options will become effective soon.

Thank you all very much for this information. I have followed each and every one's advice, and the e-mail still continue. I have even asked advice from our IS person at work.

I can't imagine what has happened. I'm sorry, I'm not a negative person, but you all don't know that because you don't know me, but you have to understand the nightmare when I open my e-mail. I am getting ready to leave on a cruise Friday, and I can't imagine what my e-mail will be like when I return.

Anyway, thanks for the info again, and I will not post anything about this again for I don't want to be looked at as one of those negative folks out there. I was just mislead. Thanks.

Thank you all very much for this information. I have followed each and every one's advice, and the e-mail still continue. I have even asked advice from our IS person at work.

----------------------------------------

Spindrift-

Did you go to the site and change your preference to NO EMAIL? Are you sure, you then saved it. Also, you can hide your email address as well.

Good Luck

Archived