Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

in Stockholder Services confirming the amount $100. $200 or $250 0onboard credit. Scan & email it back to your TA to contact them to confirm it is on your account, same with $50 birthday credit & the MBNA will send you the certs for the credits that you scan & email to your TA to apply before your cruise. I did $100 for 11/20 & still no certs after 2 weeks!!!!

I have checked and have received onboard credit for our stock purchased last month...also credit for the birthday email... had a little trouble with this. called and they said i did not qualify but when they checked it had been applied. sure hope they don't take it away. now waiting to see if we get credit for getting and using the Celebrity credit card.

thanks for all the helpful information.

I would like to know if anyone has any recent info on the Summit? We will be sailing from LA to Hawaii on Dec 18. What should we know?

This has been the subject of numerous posts on several threads.

I know that the date has been changed and the benefit extended. I bought my stock well after that date and have received the credit on 3 cruises.

Double check if you wish:

its shareholderbenefit@rccl.com.

Tensi Weistreicher, RCCL, is very helpful. If you provide her with your reservation number, ship and sailing and advise that you are following up with a fax to (305) 539-4645 with a copy of your purchase documentation she will take care of it. I suggest you ask for an email confirmation. She has been very attentive.

:) :

We're leaving on the Summit next Sunday (10/23) for a 2 week cruise L.A. to Ft. Lauderdale. I'll be doing a review when I return and let you know.

No matter what may be said here and there on these boards, I have friends who cruised her this past April for 11 days and had the time of their live. So...............

I would like to know if anyone has any recent info on the Summit? We will be sailing from LA to Hawaii on Dec 18. What should we know:

Not really a secret. You may not have read about it though. Cirque du Soleil has been cancelled on Summit as of a couple weeks ago, and on Constellation on November 10th.

Celebrity and Cirque are in negotiatons concerning a replacement for it. The Bar at the Edge of the Earth lounge on deck eleven will remain as is for now.

For more info on this search Cirque du Soleil on Celebrity cruises thread.

We're leaving on the Summit next Sunday (10/23) for a 2 week cruise L.A. to Ft. Lauderdale. I'll be doing a review when I return and let you know.

No matter what may be said here and there on these boards, I have friends who cruised her this past April for 11 days and had the time of their live. So...............

Thanks for your reply. I notice that you live in Florida(near me actually),but you are cruising from LA.Are you flying out there just to do the cruise? I am just curious because we are flying to LA to do the Hawaiian cruise.I will be looking forward to your review,if I can find it. I am new to these boards and am not at all sure I know what I am doing.

I am glad to hear what you said since this is our first cruise on Celebrity.

...... I notice that you live in Florida(near me actually),but you are cruising from LA.Are you flying out there just to do the cruise? ................

Yes, just for the cruise. When we booked the direct flight from FLL to LAX quite a while back, it was very reasonable. We liked the idea that the cruise ends back here:) .

We are going on the Summit for the holidays to Hawaii and I am a little concerned about it being really noisy and busy with kids (the little dears.) Did you find a good place to be where you can meditate and just enjoy the peace and quiet other than your cabin. Mine will not be ideal since we have an inside cabin which,while inexpensive,is not the most appealing.

Any ideas?

Here is a small but good one. If you ask for toast, or a bagel, the person at the breakfast toast station in the Waterfall Cafe will make it out of rather plain loaves of bread, cut very thin or a plain small white bagel. At the same time there is a large assortment of some very nice specialty whole grain, rye and seed breads that look very fancy on display in front of him as well as some nice looking bagels (variety and style) and other rolls. They will happily slice and toast any of these if you request them. Much better the the basic bread they will toast if you don't ask.

We are going on the Summit for the holidays to Hawaii

quote]

Hi Coleridge- You must be on the Summit out of LA on Dec 18 ? Do come over and join our Roll Call. We have a very nice group, some of whom have cruised on the Summit before and may be able to help in your search for a quiet spot.

Would that be a Panama Canal cruise? If so I would LOVE any information you could offer, we will be taking the Eastbound cruise in February. Enjoy your cruise!

We do it in 32 days LA-FLL 11/20 on Summit. We are 9201 CC AFT, what are you? I wish you the greatest on the cruise & I await your report.

We snorkel & am very interested in FREE just walk to the beach & jump in snorkeling & where was the best. We hate ship excursions with booze cruises & too many people in the water that your head is kicked plenty. I am guessing Aruba, Acapulco, etc

Hi Coleridge- You must be on the Summit out of LA on Dec 18 ? Do come over and join our Roll Call. We have a very nice group, some of whom have cruised on the Summit before and may be able to help in your search for a quiet spot.

Hi,yes we are on that cruise and I thought I did sign up for that roll call,but to tell you the truth, I am not sure. I am trying hard to find my way around these boards with some success but not entirely. I will try again. I would love to meet future ship mates.

Would that be a Panama Canal cruise? If so I would LOVE any information you could offer, we will be taking the Eastbound cruise in February. Enjoy your cruise!

Why eastbound and not westbound, I'm trying to decide myself.

I'll probably get flamed good for this (but we're outta here for our next cruise today and I'll probably miss the replies anyway!!!), but we prefer not to embark in Florida along with all of the snowbirds, so when we picked our direction, we'd pick San Diego TO Florida for our full transit rather than the other way around if we did it yet again. We also like the somewhat more dramatic entrance to the Canal from the Pacific side.

We live on the East Coast (Maryland) so we figured our flight from Florida to Maryland, would be shorter and therefore less of a hassle to end our cuirse on the East coat. Also I've never been to the West coast, so we'll be starting our vacation a few days before the cruise in CA. :)

I'll probably get flamed good for this (but we're outta here for our next cruise today and I'll probably miss the replies anyway!!!), but we prefer not to embark in Florida along with all of the snowbirds, so when we picked our direction, we'd pick San Diego TO Florida for our full transit rather than the other way around if we did it yet again. We also like the somewhat more dramatic entrance to the Canal from the Pacific side.

No flaming here...but I don't understand why people aren't just people. The ship is still the same capacity, does it make a difference that we are trying to enjoy warm termperatures and beautiful places instead of snow and ice?

No flaming here...but I don't understand why people aren't just people. The ship is still the same capacity, does it make a difference that we are trying to enjoy warm termperatures and beautiful places instead of snow and ice?
Actually, Nikki, Bahlamur;) wasn't what I was thinking about. You guys need the break! I was thinking of that large percentage of the population of Florida itself that, when you ask where they're from, they all yell "Florida" with an accent that says something else entirely! Our cruises with Florida embarkations have included the most disrespect I've ever seen shown to crew and staff, biggest yelling matches in the buffet line, etc. So rather than mess around with that, we've decided to take cruises that are somewhat less likely to include those "events". Different strokes, I guess.

Hi all -

I have read all 25 pages this morning into afternoon!! And have loved all of it! Wow..

My ?? - we have only been on one cruise - Carnival in April of this year - so can any one tell me the pros and cons of Celebrity? Or of Zenith? We are DH 39, me - soon to be 39, DS - 6, and DD -4. This will be our children's 1st cruise. I know Carnival is popular with kids - and has lots of activities etc. for kids, how about Celebrity?

I have read lots on here about food - so I think I am good with that info. but about sodas - do they have Coke products or Pepsi?

What about entertainment - anyone have info on that?

Thanks in advance for any info - we are hopefully going in Jan.

Robin:)

Actually, Nikki, Bahlamur;) wasn't what I was thinking about. You guys need the break! I was thinking of that large percentage of the population of Florida itself that, when you ask where they're from, they all yell "Florida" with an accent that says something else entirely! Our cruises with Florida embarkations have included the most disrespect I've ever seen shown to crew and staff, biggest yelling matches in the buffet line, etc. So rather than mess around with that, we've decided to take cruises that are somewhat less likely to include those "events". Different strokes, I guess.

My apologies, I obviously misunderstood. I would agree that in Miami we have had problems with people understanding what we were trying to get across to them.

Sandy and I are on this cruise along with a few others who have posted. Is there a roll call? Anyone have particular non-ship-sponsored tour information? Our first time calling at Mexican Riviera ports, so any info will be appreicated.

Does Celebrity have them and how much for a 7 day cruise?

Also on Princess it included Shirley Temples how about Celebrity?

I love this board it helps so much..

Will be on the Connie over Thanksgiving this year any help or comments would be great.

Tina

Does Celebrity have them and how much for a 7 day cruise?

Also on Princess it included Shirley Temples how about Celebrity?

I love this board it helps so much..

Will be on the Connie over Thanksgiving this year any help or comments would be great.

Tina

Yes, they have them. $5/day plus 15% tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Phew! Just got done reading through the 26 pages!:eek:

I have a few questions. Hope you don't mind.

First of all, my only cruise I've been on was a L.A. to Ensenada, Mexico on Monarch of the Seas with my husband last year. It was great! Anyway, if I ask stupid questions due to lack of knowledge, I apologize.

I just booked a 14-night round-trip Hawaiian cruise on the Summit for myself, mother-in-law and two sister-in-laws. My travel agent said that Celebrity and Royal Caribbean were related somehow. Does that mean that most routines on the Summit will be similar to the Monarch of the Seas, such as dinner, shows, etc?

How early can we board the ship so that we can try to be "models" for the spa? Can all 4 of us try to do it?

My husband and I are talking about taking our 4 kids on an Alaskan Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas in 2007. Can I book that on the Celebrity cruise?

What is the birthday credit?

Do they do the "martini tasting" on the Summit?

I've been told that 70% of the people on this cruise are over retirement age. Is this true? Will myself and sister-in-laws be bored for the 7 days that we'll be at sea because of this age difference?

Am I correct in thinking that on the Summit you pay for the Persian garden, but not the Thalassotherapy pool? We're in concierge class if that makes a difference.

We'll be celebrating my sister-in-law's graduation. Will the ship do anything special or can we order a cake or something?

Archived