Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

I am just curious. We have had cabin 6131 booked on the 12/4/05 Infinity for months and that is the cabin number listed on our cruise documents. Was that just a typo?

Hope you have a nice cruise.

On the remote chance that it wasn't a typo, perhaps you've been upgraded to a Celebrity Suite? Might be worth a call to find out, especially if the balcony was important to you.

Hey Kathie :D

The answer is yes to both of your questions.

I have never been on a Celebrity ship that did not keep to the local time. Having said that, I must say that there is a first time for everything! But expect to be on the local time.

Your tips can be added to your shipboard account by going to the guest relations desk and filling out the form.

We will be on the Summit soon and are wondering about the use of candles in the room?

Hey Kathie :D

The answer is yes to both of your questions.

I have never been on a Celebrity ship that did not keep to the local time. Having said that, I must say that there is a first time for everything! But expect to be on the local time.

Your tips can be added to your shipboard account by going to the guest relations desk and filling out the form.

We will be on the Summit soon and are wondering about the use of candles in the room?

:eek: :eek: NO, NO, NO :eek:

Candles are a fire hazard and you NEVER want to light one on a rocking ship!!!

I am not sure how to start a new thread. I always just chime in wherever.

Coleridge

Okay, this is way off topic, but I love that you called it the "passion spa." I think you mean Persian Gardens, and no, it's not on Horizon, only the larger, new Celebrity ships. From now on, though, I'm calling it the Passion Spa.;)

Why don't you start a new thread with your question? You'll get a lot more responses that way.:)

:confused:

I am not sure how to start a new thread. I always just chime in wherever.

Coleridge :confused:

How to start a new thread:

Go to the main page of whichever message board you want to post on--in this case "Celebrity Cruises"

Look at the top left side where the posts start and you will see a button that says " New Thread" Click on that and you will start a brand new topic.

To respond to a thread click on the "Post Reply" button at the top or the bottom of the thread. If you want to respond to a particular post in the thread click on the "Quote" button so folks will know what you are responding to.

Any more questions? :D

On our Panama trip there was one port where the shorex were based on ship's time and not local time. Celebrity Today made it clear when the time changes would and would not occur, so just set your watch accordingly and get back to the ship in plenty of time!

the answer just blew us away..........

QUESTION: How much money does it cost to pass thru the Panama Canal for M Class ship?

ANSWER: (Be Sitting!)

$253,000

As we went thru they were telling about the expansion in 2006-2007 with 60# of dynomite being planted along both sides to blow one day & dredge the area to rebuild. Canal will be closed a week to do this in about 6 months. Not only cruise ships but frieghters are much larger than the norm of years back, so enlarging is a must!

as we both a re good shoppers & can tell a true bargain, but Panama Canal rates - a bit steep for me. We were told a tri-Miran was $500 to go thru with a family on board.

Guess since "X" goes thru bi-weekly, it must be a bargain at $253K. We chocked when we hard that. But it is a great adventure to see the front of the ship packed with folks since 5AM for a 7:30 passing. Then the locks to open & how we fit with an inch on each side as it seemed. A building packed with folks waving at us so we all waved back in AFT. 10th floor was quiet & it was nice to have a meal out there. All agreed that we all ate lunch & dinner out there. But after a week in glass of the Pacific, we got a jolt out of Atlantic. Amazing with the dolphins, whales & turtles we saw in the Pacific & birds landing on furniture out in the middle of nowhere, and everyone fed them too & we get into the Atlantic & nothing but stars & shooting ones too.

as we both a re good shoppers & can tell a true bargain, but Panama Canal rates - a bit steep for me. We were told a tri-Miran was $500 to go thru with a family on board.

Guess since "X" goes thru bi-weekly, it must be a bargain at $253K. We chocked when we hard that. But it is a great adventure to see the front of the ship packed with folks since 5AM for a 7:30 passing. Then the locks to open & how we fit with an inch on each side as it seemed. A building packed with folks waving at us so we all waved back in AFT. 10th floor was quiet & it was nice to have a meal out there. All agreed that we all ate lunch & dinner out there. But after a week in glass of the Pacific, we got a jolt out of Atlantic. Amazing with the dolphins, whales & turtles we saw in the Pacific & birds landing on furniture out in the middle of nowhere, and everyone fed them too & we get into the Atlantic & nothing but stars & shooting ones too.

Gee thats funny. I thought your balcony was unuseable because of all the puke and trash being washed down from deck 10?

Could you make up your mind please?

Then the locks to open & how we fit with an inch on each side as it seemed. A building packed with folks waving at us so we all waved back in AFT. 10th floor was quiet & it was nice to have a meal out there. All agreed that we all ate lunch & dinner out there. But after a week in glass of the Pacific, we got a jolt out of Atlantic. Amazing with the dolphins, whales & turtles we saw in the Pacific & birds landing on furniture out in the middle of nowhere, and everyone fed them too & we get into the Atlantic & nothing but stars & shooting ones too.

My goodness, MACOP, I thought you couldn't stand to be on your balcony because of the puck, smoke, wet chairs and floor, etc. It sounds to me like you spent a lot of time out there.:confused:

Garry

She said deck 10 was so quiet that they ate two meals there while going thru the canal! Her cabin was on deck 9.

MACOP it was Cozumel where we stayed on Ship's time. We were told to ignore shore time. Our trip was from Ft Lauderdale, Key West, both on EST Cozumel also EST ship's time to avoid putting clocks back and then ahead, costa Rica EST ship's time, Panama moved the clock FORWARD one hour (I think it is called Atlantic time, but sure could be wrong), Aruba then Curacao both on Atlantic time, then going back, at sea we set our clocks BACK one hour so we were back on EST.

By doing ship's time, we avoided changing two more times as we sailed west and then back east.

I think it would depend upon the itinerary as to whether you changed at each time zone. if you were going to stay in the same area with one deviation to another time zone they might change the time that once, and then back to the original, as opposed to criss crossing the gulf of mexico/caribbean where there were 3-4 time changes. they just kept it to two changes for convenience. For those who booked shorex independently, I bet they were worried. Although most excursion people are aware of when the ship comes in and what time zone they are operating on (in?).

She said deck 10 was so quiet that they ate two meals there while going thru the canal! Her cabin was on deck 9.

In another thread, she said they could not enjoy their balcony because of all the filth washed down from deck 10, and the awful noise as well. And that all her neighbors on deck 9 felt the same way.

Copied from her "CC Aft on Summit" thread:

From the wooden floor above us with tables & chairs sliding all day & tables falling at night as they pressue wash all the puke, beer, and various other crap down on our balconies & furniture is soaking wet & not usable. They do this at 2AM & 5AM daily! They also have the worst singer/guitarist named Paul.

and:

No sleep? Were they AFT CC? since the 5 stateroom that were were not hapy cruisers with all the noise, smoke, stink from the bar upstairs being washed down on our clean areas. We love to eat breakfast at our dressed table and enjoy the wake, dolphins ,whales, turtles & other great things in the sea but not on Summit. Do you want to with puke on your glass, beer smell in 90 dgree heat and flooded seats & tables????

and:

Husband found insults quiet interesting and he commented that no one saw his shoes on his feet walking in dirty water every morning to see where were were at. Too bad they need to pressure wash twice a night onto 9th AFT CC balconies. But if that is OK with you then be happy! I am not interested in the crazy illness spread by folks from all over the world. At least the Housekeeping Manager saw the puke glued to the glass doors, the balcony with the trash, and the glass wall looking at sea. Poor Steward has to clean with his Assistant daily on all 5 with theh handicapped gent very upset at this chair filled with it so he couldn't eat breakfast out there. With the smell at 90+ degrees, who wanted too

Now she says it was quiet and they enjoyed 2 meals out there going thru the canal.

I'm just trying to determine which is true........that her balcony was unuseable the entire cruise or if in fact she DID enjoy her glorious AFT balcony?

Again, she said that during the CANAL passage when everyone else was up FRONT, the aft outdoor buffet area was quiet and they enjoyed 2 meals there (because it was vacant with no one puking, see?). She's speaking of a specific time when it was nice and quiet and they enjoyed it. She was saying something positive. It has nothing to do with all the other times of day and night that they were displeased with the deck 9 aft cabins.

Archived