Vegetarians: Can We Eat in the Pinnacle Grill?

kcliff01

We will be on the Zuiderdam over Easter and we are Vegetarians. I know that the dinning rooms and buffets have vegetarian selections, but can the Pinnacle Grill accommodate vegetarians?

I'm really looking to hear from vegetarians who were able to eat at the Pinnacle Grill (if any exist). How did you arrange it? What did you have?

:D

My nephew is a vegetarian and we ate in the Pinnacle on the Noordam this past summer for his b-day. He had a pasta dish - and said it was really good (it looked it too).

In fact, we were really impressed that our dining room maitre 'd went out of his way to ensure that my nephew was able to order from the vegetarian menu the day before. They always had what ever he selected ready for the next evening's dinner. He told us the vegetarian selections on HAL were all really very good.

We will be on the Zuiderdam over Easter and we are Vegetarians. I know that the dinning rooms and buffets have vegetarian selections, but can the Pinnacle Grill accommodate vegetarians?

I'm really looking to hear from vegetarians who were able to eat at the Pinnacle Grill (if any exist). How did you arrange it? What did you have?

:D

Hi, Kcliff:

Yes, there is a vegetarian option on the Pinnacle Grill Menu. You can also order vegetable side dishes. Here is a link to another post, on a similar thread, by Krazy Kruizers. Her post lists the Pinnacle Grill Menu. The vegetarian dish is the mushroom ravioli.

I personally would not eat in the Pinnacle again, as a vegetarian. We had a 6:30 seating on the first night and I was told that they were *out* of the mushroom dish. They tried to steer me to the fish (what part of *vegetarian* don't people understand?) and then offered some veggie side dishes (also why do people think veggie side dishes are appropriate subsitutes for entrees?). We were going to leave when they told me that the chef offered to fix an alternative pasta dish. It was ok, but everything I've had in the main dining room was better. Also, I was served much later than my DH because of all of this, so it was not a good experience. I've since spoken to other vegetarians who were also told the mushroom dish wasn't available and were offered the fish and veggie side dishes as alternatives, too. The vegetarian offerings in the main dining room are amazing.

Archived