getting off the yacht

lorneross

It is a simple version of the color tags. Because there is only 200 passengers max, there is not a long tag calling period. :) On my cruise, I got out of my suite one hour early and turned it over to the room stewardess for flipping. The longest wait is waiting for the ship to clear with the local govt.

sorry blackbird71 for my ignorance can you elaborate a little more when you wrote "on my cruise i got out of my suite one hour early and turned it over to the room stewardess for flipping". what do you mean by flipping and what time were you out of your suite thank you from lorneross

I think on my cruise they requested the guests to move to one of the common areas around 8:30 so they could start cleaning (flipping) the suites for the next cruise. Because I am a single cruiser, I can drink coffee in a lounge just as easy as in my suite so I moved up to the lounge around 7:30. Out in the hallway were all the room stewardesses and I told mine, I was out of my suite and she looked happy to be able to start cleaning it.

Plus remember on all Seabourn cruises, there are a good percentage of passengers that are staying on the ship for the next cruise so the number of ppl leaving rarely is as high as 200. But still there are shore excursions for the staying on passengers but they have no luggage to deal with.

thank you very much for the reply blackbird71 my next questions are who gets to get off first disembarking passangers or passengers staying onboard for the next segement cruise going on shore tours and also how rushed is breakfast in the dining room on the last morning from lorneross

All depends on connections. They will ask you for your flight time before assigning you a color tag. They try to get off the ppl with limited connection times first.

I did not find any rush to the final breakfast but I will say I am an early bird and normally one of the first to the Veranda Cafe in the morning. :p

But again we are only dealing with at max 200 passengers so there are no lines. So when my color was called I took the lift down to the deck with the gangway and walked directly off. In Barbados we were out at the end of one of the cruise docks and it was a walk to the main building where our luggage was. The port provides a shuttle bus and I did wait for the next bus to the main building.

we are going on the pride this march transatlantic and then staying at the lapa palace in lisbon and we are using the cruise lines transfers to the hotel do you think we will be last off also i wanted to get some idea what time we should go for breakfast in the main dinning room? we do not like to get up to early thanks from lorneross

Lorneross - that will all be outlined in the papers they distribute a day or two before arriving in Lisbon. I'm fairly certain that all passengers are usually off the ship by 9:30AM. Your rooms at the hotel won't be ready until after noon anyway, so I would recommend taking Seabourn's Lisbon city tour excursion, unless you have other plans. I am going on the Pride the day you arrive and will be at the Lapa Palace pre-cruise!

By the color of your tags and the information that comes with it, you will find out what time your transfer will be. It is up to you to decide how much time you want to take for your breakfast. You will know this a couple of days before we arrive (yes, I will be there too!). So plenty of time ahead.

Two answers at the exact same time! You can make your choise!

how long is the city tour?

3-4 hours in the AM - I think it was over at 12-1PM. Inquire with the tour manager as to where the tour terminates, they will most likely be able to drop you off at the Lapa Palace as they made a few "special" drops when I took the tour.

thanks yes one of my thoughts was if we did the tour would we be dropped off at the hotel. with the post hotel transfers are included but if we go on the tour do we loose the transfers? thanks from lorneross

I would check with the tour manager about that. Like I said, you and your luggage (unless you are using valet service) might be dropped off at the hotel after the tour.

Another option would be to go directly to the Lapa Palace and do a tour from there. Just ask the concierge.

thank you seabourn picked the airline we took there air we are going first class because it is an 11 hour flight from london and we have a 5 hour layover in london but we get to use the first class lounge so 5 hours will go by fast from lorneross

lorneross,

I too will be on the Pride crossing with you and I will be flying BA business class to LAX the day we arrive in Lisbon. I only have a 2-1/2 hour layover in LHR. The last time I was in LHR was in 2002 flying to my first Seabourn cruise. Back then, the first and business class lounges were very nice and in business class at least, there were lots of power outlets and, I believe, broadband dataports. They have probably redecorated since then but hope they now have complimentary broadband and or wireless internet access if you happen to travel with a laptop.

wow an 11 hour flight!! it amazes me how anyone can think thats such a long flight :rolleyes: try flying Oz to London....takes at least double that!:eek: just Oz to LA is going to take us 14 to 16 hours (depends on the winds)

lorneross I thought I was an organised person when it came to travel, but the way you are going you will be exhausted before you ever get on the ship!

wow an 11 hour flight!! it amazes me how anyone can think thats such a long flight :rolleyes: try flying Oz to London....takes at least double that!:eek: just Oz to LA is going to take us 14 to 16 hours (depends on the winds)

LOL that why IF I do my NZ/AU trip I will be paying Air New Zealand almost as much money for my flight down as the cruise. ANZ has something called Prem. Coach that sounds just right for that trip. :)

I have 15 roundtrips from Newark to Brisbane under my belt. When calculating all the flights (including things like stops in Sydney and flying north to Brisbane) I have logged over one month airborne just on those flights! (You may ask why I know this: Sit on a plane that long and that often and you have to think of things to think about!)

There was mention in this thread - I think by Matt? - of a Seabourn tour of Lisbon. Haven't seen anything about that....can you provide a link or any details? I think we'd be very interested in doing that, esp given our early arrival time in port. Thanks!!

Archived