Ine Taxi from Port to Airport

Jaalice

Hello Ine,

You have been so helpful on so many of the threads about Amsterdam. I wonder if you have an idea how much taxi fare is from the port to the airport? Also how many people will a taxi carry with luggage between the port and airport?

Alice:)

Hello Ine,

You have been so helpful on so many of the threads about Amsterdam. I wonder if you have an idea how much taxi fare is from the port to the airport? Also how many people will a taxi carry with luggage between the port and airport?

Alice:)

Most taxis can have 3/4 passengers but not that much luggage for all of them. Sometimes they will have larger cabs or you need maybe 2 cabs.

Fare to Amsterdam Central/cruise terminal will be around Eur. 50,- depending on traffic.

Be aware that those guys that offer cabs in the arrival hall are not the official ones. Some (not all) of them might charge more or make a detour...

The official cabs are in front of the arrival hall.

If you are with more passengers and need a large caror van, let me know, I will have a look for a decent company.

Ine, Thank you for your prompt response. My husband and I will arrive on a cruise ship and are staying at the airport Hilton. I believe there are at least two other couples doing the same. Also there are some that are flying home that day. We were wondering about the cost.

You said that the official taxi may be in front. Does this mean the front of the cruise terminal or Central train station?

Hello - Yes, there will be 4 of us, plus luggage and a walker. If you could check on a larger cab or van and the price, we would be very grateful. Also, what % do you tip the taxi drivers. M

Ine, Thank you for your prompt response. My husband and I will arrive on a cruise ship and are staying at the airport Hilton. I believe there are at least two other couples doing the same. Also there are some that are flying home that day. We were wondering about the cost.

You said that the official taxi may be in front. Does this mean the front of the cruise terminal or Central train station?

I thought you need a cab from the airport to the cruiseterminal...

In front of the cruiseterminal you will find plenty of official cabs with will be of different sizes.

Again if you would need a bigger van you might need a reservation.

Hello - Yes, there will be 4 of us, plus luggage and a walker. If you could check on a larger cab or van and the price, we would be very grateful. Also, what % do you tip the taxi drivers. M

I will be back with you within a few days.

I advise you to send an e-mail and ask the price for a car that is convenient for the four of you and luggage and walker ( also state whether you can fold it or not) to undermentioned cabfirms. Also let them know you need a pickup at the cruiseterminal which is more or less citycentre and maybe at what time.

http://www.ambassador.demon.nl/

http://www.schipholtaxi.info/english/index.html

http://hollandtaxi.com/

or check one of thse companies:

http://www.simplyamsterdam.nl/transport.htm#TAX

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Ine. I have already requested information as to fare. One more question, how much or what % do you tip the taxi drivers. And do you pay the fare in euros or will they accept American dollars? Thank you for being so helpful. M

Thank you, Ine. I have already requested information as to fare. One more question, how much or what % do you tip the taxi drivers. And do you pay the fare in euros or will they accept American dollars? Thank you for being so helpful. M

Best is to pay in Euros to avoid any bad rate for exchange, since the driver will have to change $$ into Euro too.

Sometimes creditcards are accepted.

Tips is just a few Euros (5-10%) depending how good his service is.

In Europe tips are less then in the USA.

Archived