Special requests in the dining room

thetycoon

I have quite a penchant for many different foods, and I am not afraid to try new things. Because I have tried a number of different foods from across the cuisine spectrum, I know that I do not like a variety of herbs and spices. After reviewing sample menus, I have concluded that most cruise lines take rather mundane food items, and gussy them up with a few select herbs and viola!; it’s a whole new entree.

My question:

If the menu says "Pan-seared Tilapia with a Bunch of Herbs thetycoon Doesn’t Like", can I order the Tilapia without the herbs? (Carnival Cruise)

Would that also apply to my situation? I can not eat onions. If the onions are sliced large enough that I can clearly see them and move them out of my way, that's fine, but if its a entree where I'm not sure if they are diced and "lost" into the dish I usually have to opt not to order it. Are you saying I can order dishes without onions? (I understand, of course, sauces and some things are too difficult to be special ordered and I would just not order that dish)

I am a super picky eater, I special ordered things most nights. For instance, I don't eat cheese or salad dressing, so I think all of my salads had to be prepared differently. I also ordered most meals without the sauces/spices, no problem. They are very accomodating, don't hesitate to ask!

Archived