Paradise Beach Is Fantastic!!

MrNobody

We were at PB on the Elation on July 21st...met PB Tom and he was a great guy...we had NO trouble getting floats (mats) or a kayak (both free)...had a couple of cheeseburgers in Paradise and the nachos...all were great...had a couple of Margaritas and a bucket of Sol beer...our waiter was very good and brought more ice when the ice melted in my beer bucket while we were snorkeling and kayaking...the place is clean and beautiful with a palm tree lined entryway...PB Tom was genuinely interested in our comfort and making sure we had everything we needed...we got there about 11:00A.M. and sat in two loungers right by the bar/restaurant area with an umbrella...we really enjoyed the several hours we spent at PB and will go there again on our next trip to Cozumel...I highly recommend Paradise Beach to everyone...Jake

We were also at PB this last week and had a great time. It was so easy to get lounge chairs and floats. We met some really nice people and the service was awesome. Food was not the best, but who cares when you're at a place like this! I'd definately go back again!!

Hi Tom, I noticed some webshots of Paradise Beach where the waves looked pretty strong. Not being a swimmer, I was wondering if you could tell me if the seas are rough, calm or somewhere inbetween. I'll be petrified all day if the kids are braving the waves and I can't go in to fetch them out.

tortoni...we usually never get waves unless there is a Norther blowing through in the winter. 80% of the time, the wind is blowing offshore, so we are protected by the island itself. We get kids here everyday, no worries, it's hardly ever rough here!

Hi Tom,

From all of the raving reviews that I have seen, I can't wait for my family to experience Paradise Beach. I was worried about not having enough money to do an excursion in Cozumel for 4 people, but sounds like this is going to be the way for us to go. Myself (36), my husband (46), our son (12) and my step dad (71) will be cruising on the Carnival Celebration leaving out next Saturday, August 14th and will be in Cozumel on Monday, August 16th from 9:00am - 10:00pm. Hope you are working this day Tom. Can't wait to taste the Jerk Shrimp and Nachos on the menu, my son can't wait to eat anything, and my husband and step-dad are tasting the beers as we speak. I hope you are working this day and hope to meet you.

~Bon Voyage~

The Jones Family

Tom, My dh is interested in getting some hair braids (dreadlocks?) and a massage. Can those things be had at PB? We'll be on there on the Elation on Sept 1st. Will you have left on your vacation already? We're really looking forward to the nachos and quac and want to try the parasailing you mentioned was closeby. Thanks for any info, Tom.

jonestown90...just answered you in your other post!

HamiltonBJ...Yup, both are available at PB. Massage is only 1USD/min. with a 15 min. minimum, either beach side or in our airconditioned room. Hair braid prices depend on length and thickness of hair, how tight you want your rows, extras etc.

I MIGHT still be there! It looks like we're leaving the next day, Sept. 2, and if I'm all packed, I'll pop by for a meet-and-greet!

Have a great vacation, and I'll hopefully see ya in Sept.

PS- Yes, parasailing just steps away at the neighbouring beach!

Hi Tom!

My husband, my mother, and I will be in Cozumel on Aug. 18 - off the Century. My mom is 87 and is still spry. But I do have a question about the sand at PB - Is is soft or does it have coral and rocks? Is it easy to walk into the water, or do you need to watch your step?

Thanks for all the info so far!

After reading all the positive comments on the food at Paradise Beach, I am suprised at the negative comment. After all, its not a five star restraunt! I wonder what some people expect at the beach.

We were at Paradise Beach last Friday (July 30) and had a fantastic time! Tom is doing a wonderful job with the property. To answer one of the last questions, I don't remember seeing a rock...it is nothing but sand and incredibly delightful. We had snorkeled earlier in the day at Dzul Ha and found the waves to be a little too big for comfortable snorkeling there. We then went straight to Paradise Beach and the water was calm and beautiful! We also have nothing but great comments on the margaritas (my son loved the mango margarita, I sticked with the lime). They were about the best I've ever had. We also ordered nachos; loved the chicken, guacamole and salsa on them! They were fantastic. My son ordered some kind of wrap, which he liked too. I would go back in a minute...only wishs that I could be there right now!

Thanks Tom!! It was nice meeting you. I was the one that was trying to talk with your parrot, Rocky.

One negative post about the food is not going to kill PB and we should be glad the poster was honest about it. I'm sure they were not expecting to have 5 star food but even the best restaurants miss sometimes. This is a board for peoples' experiences and opinions, neg. or positive.

charyoung...$12USD for a bucket of 5 beers. Ordered singely:$3usd each...see ya !

mokest...the beach sand is pretty soft, a little coarser than the other side of the island 'cause we don't have the constant wave action to pound the sand finer. The water entry is mixed, but you can easily see the part where the rocks are! The 99% rock-free entry is right in front of the iceburg and trampoline...hasta la vista!

bplazo...thanx for your support!

shannonh...thanx for the great review, glad you had a great time here! Rocky misses you!

HOSKI...thank you!

We're underway on the Elation 8/8, first time cruisers. Self (F,42), son 13 and my sister (47). Looking forward to helping son celebrate his 13th birthday in style while cruising. Read nothing but good about PB and that's now our plan. Easy relaxed day at PB, snorkel, snacks and late lunch at Frogs before boarding again. Native Texans so the heat, sun and sand won't be a problem -- just make the beer cold, the 'ritas chilled and the Guac piled high. See ya soon all!:D

Tom

Hi would you know what the cab fare is from the pier to PB and are there chairs and shade on the beach any entrance fee?

Thanks Cindy

Cindy...the cab fare is between $12.00 and $15.00...depends on where you catch a cab...there are plenty of chairs with large umbrellas for shade...the bar and restaurant area is a very large, shaded palapa and there is NO entrance fee...the floats and kayaks are free...for the snorkel equipment you leave a $10.00 deposit that is refunded when you return the equipment...believe me, the place is wonderful!...Jake

Archived