Canadians returning from 5 night Pearl - HELP!

Angie-Pangie

Angie,

Just back from the Dream and when we checked in they photocopied our passports and returned the passport to us.

My last cruise was on Celebrity in the med/trans/carib ....they had wanted to keep our passports and said they would give me a photocopy. I did not let this happen for numerous reasons....one: you should always know exactly where your passport is, two: any information they needed they could get from the photocopy---there is no real reason for them to keep the origional, three: as I do not drive my passport is my picture ID, and finally you may never know when you might need your passport for example if you missed the ship for whatever reason and then needed to travel to either catch up with the ship or make your way home you WILL need your passport to board a plane.

I suggest you do as I did....explain to them that you want/need to keep your passport with you....have them make a photocopy for whatever reasons that they can keep and sail away with peace of mind.

Archived