Flights back to the U.S.

Fblack

I am considering a South America cruise. All flights back to California leave late in the evening. America Airlines leaves Buenos Aires at 10:30PM. Assuming passengers debark at 9:00AM or so, what to people do all day? The flight back to California is 16+/- hours. Leaving at night makes for a very long day.

Myself, and the vast majority of passengers, took a ship sponsored shore excursion that was 9 hours long and that dropped us off at the airport at 6-7 pm. Our luggage was waiting for us at the airport. This was in Rio. Some people hired a private van/driver for the day and had their luggage with them until they went to the airport in the evening. And some people spent the day at the Sheraton Hotel where HAL had rented space. They were in a hospitality room and had access to the pool, restaurants, etc. As well, the hotel had a free shuttle bus to take people to the local shopping mall to kill some time. My impression was that the people who chose to stay at the hotel for the day were bored out of their minds.

Archived