What if we don't want an upgrade?

pakmount

Maybe this is a stupid question. But if we have an assigned cabin already, what are the chances that they will upgrad us? We may be the only people that don't want an upgrade. Currently we are booked with friends and family near us. We want to keep together.:confused:

If you booked an assigned cabin, it would be rare that you would get upgraded... but just in case, make sure they know you don't want to be upgraded. Plenty of people don't want to be upgraded... and book cabins they like, and not take the chance.

Maybe this is a stupid question. But if we have an assigned cabin already, what are the chances that they will upgrad us? We may be the only people that don't want an upgrade. Currently we are booked with friends and family near us. We want to keep together.:confused:

You lock in on a specific Cabin, thats what you get. I got 2462 on the Freedom, and the guy thinks I want an Upgrade, I told him no, its the Cat.1a I want. I told him if its a Penthouse Suite, Cat. 12 then give me a call.

Fred

About 2 months ago the price for my sailing (June 4th, Miracle out of NY) went down by about 50 p/p and there was a cabin upgrade. We were in an assigned balcony cabin 8A category, cabin 4164 and the upgrade was to an 8I I believe. Well, I didn't want to go up so many decks so when we went to our TA, we told him that we would just go up one deck to the 8B category on the upper (5th deck) and we received cabin 5204 which is basically the same exact location, just one deck up. We got it and also got the $100 off for the two of us. You definitely don't have to take the upgrade if you don't want to.

You lock in on a specific Cabin, thats what you get

We were booked on the Liberty and sailed last week, had a great time:D Anyway, there was this gentleman on our roll call who had booked a specific balcony cabin. They upgraded him to a suite even though he had chosen his specific cabin, he raised cane, and got his balcony back. He wanted it to entertain friends of his on the cruise.:confused: So, not always once locked in that's what you get, they do sometimes upgrade you out of what you chose..................I would have kept the suite:p

We were booked on the Liberty and sailed last week, had a great time:D Anyway, there was this gentleman on our roll call who had booked a specific balcony cabin. They upgraded him to a suite even though he had chosen his specific cabin, he raised cane, and got his balcony back. He wanted it to entertain friends of his on the cruise.:confused: So, not always once locked in that's what you get, they do sometimes upgrade you out of what you chose..................I would have kept the suite:p

I thought the suites were a balcony cabin but larger. I think I would have at least checked out the new cabin before raising cane.

Dave

Archived