millenium - formal nights

lizq

can anyone tell me what alternaive dining there is on millenium when its a formal night? Have always enjoyed formal nights on other cruises but this time we thought we might do just the one evening if there were good alternatives for eating.

Hi!

Just came off of the millie 2/11 cruise. There is now an "informal dining" area that serves as part of the buffet seating in the daytime. I'm not sure what they serve, but I do know that it requires reservations. If you're not up for that, other options (on all evenings) are pizza, pasta bar, salad bar. I think there may have also been sushi and spa cuisine available earlier in the evening. There is no main buffet alternative as there is on some other cruise lines. I believe most of Celeb's clientelle are sitting in the main dining room.

Marybeth.

OutofNJ gave you good info. The alternative dining is set up in aft portside of the buffet area every night. Table service with tablecloths, waiters, three or four course menu. There are 3 different menues, which they rotate, I think. Waiters in training work there. Suggested gratuity is $2 per person. Reservations suggested, call them in by 4 pm or so. If they are not busy, no reservation needed, just walk in.

The dress code here is actually casual every night, not informal. No jacket or tie required. Most other public areas on the ship follow the dress code of the day even after dinner.

Also, you can order room service off the main dining room menu any time it's open. It will be brought all courses at once. No charge, but a tip is usually given.

Thank you both for that info. Out of NJ - what was the majority dress code on the informal nights for the men?

Our last two cruises with celebrity have been different - one much more casual than the other for informal nights, and my husband isn't sure whether to pack a seperate jacket/ties for informal or whether he'd get away with smart shirt/trousers

We leave on the 4th March and are looking forward to sunshine!!!!! England is a bit grey and dreary at this time of year

lizq,

Thank you both for that info. Out of NJ - what was the majority dress code on the informal nights for the men?

Our last two cruises with celebrity have been different - one much more casual than the other for informal nights, and my husband isn't sure whether to pack a seperate jacket/ties for informal or whether he'd get away with smart shirt/trousers

We leave on the 4th March and are looking forward to sunshine!!!!! England is a bit grey and dreary at this time of year

There's always somebody who will try to get away with breaking the rules (and will succeed if the line does not act to enforce its rules), but the "informal" evenings always require a sport coat or "blazer" for gentlemen.

Norm.

Archived