Need Serenade cabin advice

sandiego1

I tried the search function, but the web site keeps returning an error msg.

We are looking to book a cruise on the Serenade to Alaska in 2008. We will be 3 couples plus 2 children. We are interested in the D1 (Superior Ocean View) or E1/E2/E3 (Deluxe Ocean View) cabins.

Can anyone recommend a specific cabin? Are any larger than others? Are there any that we should avoid? I read on another web site that those cabins on deck 7 should be avoided due to blocked views from the tenders.

Any other advice?

Thanks!

I would go for a cabin on the stern of the ship first, followed by one on the hump. The cabins on the stern have oversized balconies and you can have a nice glacier-viewing party out there without having to fight for deck space. Or you can just sit out there by yourselves and enjoy the wake late at night.

I've never stayed in a hump cabin, so I can't opine as to their desirability, but I would favor 9078 or 9092 because of their larger balconies. I think the deck plans on the RCI or any TA website give you a good idea of which balconies are the largest.

Not all of the Deck 7 balconies have view obstructed by the lifeboat covers - the hump balconies have clear views, and I think there are some other ones that do as well.

Have fun planning! The Serenade is a gorgeous ship, and we're looking forward to sailing on her again some day!

Archived