Refunds After Final Payment?

arb18

Something that hasn't been mentioned here is IF those that state they were refunded the difference after final payment made that final payment early, or was this the final payment date stated by Princess. Some do pay their cruises off early before the final payment deadline stated by the cruise line. If prices drop before that deadline date, then yes, normally they can get the added refunded to them. It is after Princess final payment date that these flash auctions usually run and that is the time it is more diffcult to secure a refund in the difference in price.

Arb,did they offer you a shipboard credit equal to what the price drop was,even though it was a flash promotion?Iknow alot of people really want a certain cabin location and will not change,I guess, unless it was a really big price difference.

Toto,

I was wondering the same thing about whether some of these made final pymt early. For those with lots of Princess cruises, do prices go down very often after final payment except for those last few less desirable cabins? It seems to me when I check, that the prices seem to go up every few weeks until near sailing date for most catagories? I am watching same thing as I booked an inside guarantee 8 mos early, and was assigned a not so good cabin in a day or two. Still wondering if we may get upgraded or may have opportunity to move later if available? Price on-line has increased $200 already in a month.

For those with lots of Princess cruises, do prices go down very often after final payment except for those last few less desirable cabins?
To save my sanity, I usually don't bother looking at prices after final payments have been made. Your answer also probably depends on the type of cabin you've booked. Sometimes there are several cancellations right at final payment, so you might see some promo fares pop up quickly. I tend to think that Princess will upgrade people into a higher category, even if it happens to be the same style of cabin, then sell off the lower categories in that configuration cheap.

Colo, was this recently or a few years ago? I seem to recall Princess being much more flexible in 2003 when the travel market was a bit soft, but tightened up as the economy and consumer confidence improved. At any rate, I think you are the exception, not the rule, or perhaps more correctly, an example of the old adage, "It never hurts to ask."

In 2004 we booked a Canada/New England cruise on the Grand. Two days later, as a past cruiser, I received an email special on the same cruise for a lesser amount (stated new bookings only). Upon calling Princess they did rebook and we did receive the lower fare. I guess this was in a softer market also.

Colo, was this recently or a few years ago? I seem to recall Princess being much more flexible in 2003 when the travel market was a bit soft, but tightened up as the economy and consumer confidence improved. At any rate, I think you are the exception, not the rule, or perhaps more correctly, an example of the old adage, "It never hurts to ask."

This past summer. :)

Archived