Licensed Guide with Stephano

If you have used RomeCabs and Stephano, I am looking for recommendations for licensed guides that you have used. Where actually

can/does Stephano take you?

I think it would be a more enjoyable experience with a licensed guide

at the Vatican or the Colleseum. We will probably also get one for the

Borghese gallery. But what about sites like the Forum, does Stephano

take you on a tour there? Did you get different guides at each different

sites?

We used Stephano in Rome last November. He was really good but many of the sites we were dropped off and did on our own. The only exception was the Vatican. Stephano arranged for a female guide to stand on line, piuchase our tickets and provide a two hour tour. I believe it was an additional 100e which we divided among three couples. Well worth it....she (Isabella?) was excellent plus Fridays in November the Vatican closes early and we would not have been admitted if she had not waited on line.....lots of looks as Stephano guided us to the front of the line. Everything else is easy on your own....Colosseum, Trevi, Spanish Steps.....etc. Lunch was excellent as well.

Enjoy Rome.

Marty

I used Stefano this past September and had the same experience but Stefano told us so much before we got out of the van that I felt like we were fine on our own. We did use the guide that he recommended in the Vatican. I am so glad that we did that - I was amazed by how much there was to see and having us with us allowed us to see and understand much more than we would have if we were on our own there.

Stefano was great and I just rebooked with him again when we go back this coming September

Archived