Booked with Carnival vs TA for the first time

blyle

I always use a TA and have been happy but my TAs do not work on Sunday. I saw a fantastic rate online Sunday for a cruise in 2 wks and then called Carnival and they honored it so for the first time I used Carnival. Then today only 4 days after booking I received my Docs. I went online and saw a more midship cabin tonight, called Carnival and was switched immediately! So far booking with Carnival has been super simple and the rate is wonderful. I can call them anytime night or day for anything. I think from now on I will only use my TA when I have to book far out. Oh and by the way the rate went up on Monday so if I had waited it would have cost us an extra $100.

I always use a TA and have been happy but my TAs do not work on Sunday. I saw a fantastic rate online Sunday for a cruise in 2 wks and then called Carnival and they honored it so for the first time I used Carnival. Then today only 4 days after booking I received my Docs. I went online and saw a more midship cabin tonight, called Carnival and was switched immediately! So far booking with Carnival has been super simple and the rate is wonderful. I can call them anytime night or day for anything. I think from now on I will only use my TA when I have to book far out. Oh and by the way the rate went up on Monday so if I had waited it would have cost us an extra $100.

Yes, that the great thing..24/7 access. If you see a price drop you can call and get the price adjusted immediately. Or if a cabin opens up, you can call and get it without trying to get a hold of your TA. I have had nothing but positive experiences with carnival PVP's.

Blule,

Did you serve in the military? If you did, let your PVP know. The military rate, if they have one for your cruise, is the best rate Carnival has:) . At least with my experience. Also, keep an eye on the prices. If you see them go down, call Carnival and they will adjust your price accordingly. If the cruise is completely paid for, they will offer you an upgrade or an On Board Credit:D (OBC). Hope this helps and have a great time.

I just booked on Wednesday after going back and forth with a Carnival PVP over the last week (because of my scheduling conflicts). I have to say she was GREAT. This is our 6th cruise, 2 booked with a brick & mortar TA and 3 booked with a on-line TA. Hands down this has been the easiest.

I decided to try direct through Carnival as the sailing was only 25 days out and I didn't want to take a chance with a 3rd party being involved. The PVP made some great suggestions about room locations, was quick to point out the military discount price available, and even thanked my son and his girlfriend for their military service.

All in all I'm very happy with the experience.

Archived