Anyone Just back or Going before May on Pride of Aloha

marcyjane

Hi,

Would love to be able to see the Pride of Aloha dailies from anyone that has been recently or will be going before May that would be willing to go to the trouble of keeping the dailies for us that will be going on upcoming cruises on the P O Aloha.

And while I'm here!! Who's sailing the Aloha in May?

Our cruise May 20th

Thanks you so much in advance

Marcy

Hi, I was on Pride of Aloha 2/11 - 2/18, but I didn't keep any of the dailies, sorry. They had the usual pool games (sexy legs for men etc.), trivia, shore excursion talks, etc. Service was very good and most of the staff friendly. I can't drink but spent a lot of time in the Atrium Bar and got hooked on non alcoholic Peach Smoothies. The staff there were friendly, helpful, and funny.

Didn't go to any shows but heard only 1 complaint (I don't think he would have liked anything, in fact he liked nothing about the ship). The ship was clean, I suppose if you looked really hard and had on white gloves you might find something. We rented cars in port and did things on our own, so didn't take any of their excursions, did schedule 1 tour with Pacific Whale Foundation in Maui on the 2nd day, but it was so windy they cancelled saying we would have a very rough trip and would not be able to go to their normal things and stick close to the shore line. Glad they were upfront about it. Some passengers did go out on other tours and said it was very rough and probably should have had their tours cancelled.

Hope this helps some. If you have any questions, I'll be glad to try to answer them. This cruise was different than other cruises, but very enjoyable and the Islands are wonderful.

Hi,

Would love to be able to see the Pride of Aloha dailies from anyone that has been recently or will be going before May that would be willing to go to the trouble of keeping the dailies for us that will be going on upcoming cruises on the P O Aloha.

Our cruise May 20th

Marcy

We are sailing on March 18th, we will keep and post all of the Freestyle Dailies and any other announcements we receive from NCL. I should have them posted no later than March 27th.

NCL Pearl Dailies

http://travel.webshots.com/album/556882669oRXDhj

• 1 month later...
Hope that you had a great cruise and are home and getting rested up.

Looking forward to your post and link to the Pride of Aloha dailies.

Thanks

Marcy

Thanks, my head is starting to clear out, tough adjusting to real life again. You won't be disappointed on the Poal, we had a great time. I have some notes I will post.

I am in the process of posting the freestyle dailies, I have some menus and notices already posted, keep checking the dailies should be on there within a hour or so.

http://community.webshots.com/user/rswbadger

It's interesting how different the two ships dailies are (POH vs. POA) - I just posted our POH dailies and I like the layout of the "Daily Activities" page MUCH better... easier to see what's going on and when.

It seems like there are more things going on around POA too...

Hmm...maybe I need to go back to Hawaii to check this out....:rolleyes: :D

RSWBADGER

So sorry to be such a pain, but I've printed a couple of the dailies off and I can't hardly read them.

Is it possible that you might have a fax and could fax some of these to me or scan them to a downloadable file.

Thanks,

Marcy

It's interesting how different the two ships dailies are (POH vs. POA) - I just posted our POH dailies and I like the layout of the "Daily Activities" page MUCH better... easier to see what's going on and when.

It seems like there are more things going on around POA too...

Hmm...maybe I need to go back to Hawaii to check this out....:rolleyes: :D

You would think they would be the same, same ports, etc. Another opportunity to see the islands.:)

RSWBADGER

So sorry to be such a pain, but I've printed a couple of the dailies off and I can't hardly read them.

Is it possible that you might have a fax and could fax some of these to me or scan them to a downloadable file.

Thanks,

Marcy

On Webshots on the top right of the page you can enlarge the picture to read. (Click on picture and enlarge, top right side)

You can also save each picture on your home computer, then you'll have the option to enlarge them on your computer screen or enlarge them to print. (Click on download in yellow box).

We will be going on the cruise with my wife,daughter and her sisters family.This will be our first time in Hawaii can harly wait.

Darryl

Here' a couple of web-sites with information on the ship.

ships_575x219_aloha.jpg

http://wwwv.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.jsp?pg=4&mediatype=1&ITINERARY_ID=801%7C83%7C%7C%7C

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/prideofaloha.htm

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/shipInformation.html;jsessionid=GJzVFMQgM91HszGwV12ZcYCLR5H9nZ10!-1661487321?shipCode=PRIDE%20ALOH

RSW ... Thanks for posting all that. I noticed in one of your pictures (great photos btw) that you hiked to the lava flow. Curious how long it was and how difficult a hike?

The hike has changed since we did this excursion back in November 2005. We used the same company Arnott's Lodge. This time we did not go into the National Park entrance via the Chain of Craters Road, we went what the tour guides called the "Back Door' to the Lava fields. Took Hwy 11 to Hwy. 130 to Kalapana, drove thru a single lane 4 WD road thru the lava fields to a turnaround parking lot.

We hiked single file to the active lava flow, the guide said it was 2.2 miles in (45 minutes). The Lava was much more impressive this time and the walk was much easier. Everyone saw what we came for.

See pictures (Click to Enlarge)

<a href=2780601850079335670ibIXsn_th.jpg' alt='2

2727922980079335670JHVVEc_th.jpg

Hi,

Our cruise May 20th

Marcy

You're going to be on there a week or so before us. I hope you have a marvelous time.

Archived