Timing of excursions

AlohaCruiser

Also, the ships usually give the first tender passes to those who booked excursions through them, so you may not even be able to get off the boat right away. The POA, I've heard, mostly anchors.

if the ship is on time and arrives into port at 9am, how early should I schedule my shore excursions? Can I schedule my excursion at 10am or do I need more time.

You might want to add some detail to your question for those have first hand info. What Ship, What Port, Dock or Tender.

Sparks another question. Does the POAL have to be cleared like other ships since it never leaves the USA. No different then a inter Island plane.

You might want to add some detail to your question for those have first hand info. What Ship, What Port, Dock or Tender.

I will be on the POA. The ship arrives Nawiliwili, Kauai at 7am. What time should I schedule a non-NCL excursion?

We sailed last week on the Pride of Aloha, we were on time for every Port, I would allow at least 1 hour to make sure you are docked and through the line off of the ship. Every one has to line up and swipe their card off and on the ship. At lot of the private tour operators were waiting at the port to pick up their tours. If you are renting a car it will take a while to get from the pier to the airport. We had good luck with cars at every port, except for Hilo with Alamo, it took us 2 hours to get the car, long lines. We should have taken a cab to the airport in Hilo. However, things happen and you can't always count on the schedule. Cell phones work well in Hawaii and when you are near the port you can call ahead to your tour operator.

Archived